PDA

View Full Version : Grrr to Brownson5th.com

BeachBaby
06-11-2004, 09:53 AM
I ordered a Fleurville Alpha 7 bag in Chestnut Corduroy from them on Monday. Tues or Wed I get an e-mail saying that they have been receivng a heavy volume of orders in the "new fabrics" (which the Chestnut Cord is NOT!) and that the bag is backordered. Fine that its backordered, but don't blame it on it being a new fabric!

They said they were expecting it this week. So I email them again yesterday to inquire about the status and they say they have no firm date of when they expect the bag.

This morning, I go on-line to pay my CC bill and lo and behold! There's a charge on there from Brownson5th.com!! Grrrr.

AND, to top it all off, their website is still showing the bag as available!!

Unbelievable. Needless to say, I'm not recommending them at this point. Still considering whether or not to cancel the order.

sugarsnappea
06-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Wow! I have ordered things from the Browns for years and never had a problem. Maybe you should try to call and talk to someone before cancelling your order. I hope it all get resolved for you.

pandora
06-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Your post made me mad at the company, so I went on it, and (you probably know this already,) it looks like they fixed the problem. I'll bet that they fixed it because of your post on this board! Smart companies watch boards like these. I still think they owe you something, like maybe a credit for your shipping? Good luck!

BeachBaby
06-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Just wanted to update and say that I finally got the bag yesterday.

I called on Monday to check the status of my order and the woman was quite pleasant and gave me an order number (I never received an email confirmation of the order or anything), said it had shipped on the 18th, but couldn't give me a tracking number. But she said I could track it on their website using the order number. So I did that and my order # is apparently the same as an order from February b/c it said that it had been delivered to someone who lived in another state. Huh?

At any rate, I'm happy with the bag, so at least I don't have to worry about RETURNING it!! :)

I think the lesson here is to order from them over the phone! :)