PDA

View Full Version : thebabyoutlet.com Does Not Answer Emails

lmariana
06-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Is it just me, or has anyone else's emails been TOTALLY IGNORED by thebabyoutlet.com?

I have sent FIVE emails to them (over the past 5 days), all requesting an update on my order. Not one response. Not even, "we're not sure, but we'll get back to you." JUST TELL ME SOMETHING!!!!!

Ugh...I'm about ready to cancel my order.

ETA: I finally spoke to them today! They tried to tell me that it wouldn't ship until next week. Needless to say, that didn't fly. So, they're Express shipping me one this week. We'll see, unfortunately, I'm not counting on it...and I'm usually an optimist. I can't wait until this is all over with!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

lmariana
06-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Oh, I should also add, that I placed my order on MAY 27th!!!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

ktdid74
06-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi Mariana- I'm thinking about cancelling my order, too. I'm really afraid that would get messed up and they'd still charge my card! Did you call the 800 number? I got an email the morning after I ordered the stroller and had to confirm my CC #. I haven't called the number again as I was going to give them till tomorrow as it will be 14 days. I was so hoping to hear you had a good experience. Keep us posted.

ETA- Ok, I just got off the phone with them to cancel my order. I suggest you call the # and say you're going to cancel yours (even if you plan to keep it). They offered to give me a discount and express ship it to me. I still said I wanted to cancel though. I got such a bad feeling during this whole transaction I didn't want to follow through. 1-877-693-2229 is the cs #. Good luck!

lmariana
06-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Well, I've called them 4 times today (no answer), and have left 2 voicemails (one at 10 AM and one just now at 2:40). I haven't heard back from them yet, so of course now I'm very perturbed. Blech. Not to mention the other 4 times I've called before to check on the status...

I'll post an update once I hear something!!!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

lmariana
06-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Did you order a stroller too?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

ktdid74
06-14-2004, 06:00 PM
yep- a red bugaboo that I was totally excited about! The lady I talked to on the phone sounded less than knowledgeable- she would leave me on hold for several minutes to go "check on something". She did offer a discount and then express delivery by this week (I said I needed it by Thursday). I wanted to take them up on the offer but just did not feel comfortable with this company after this long.
Hopefully everything was totally cancelled cause I'd hate to have to fight the credit card charge, too. I sure hope you get some info. Did you try the 866 #?
I'm kinda bummed about not getting my stroller but I figure I'd rather buy it from a more reputable dealer (though I don't plan on buying one now- maybe if I have a baby #3) Good luck--

lmariana
06-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Yeah, if I had a time pressure like Thursday, I totally wouldn't trust them either. :(

If you're in my state (GA) there's a local dealer that I hear may give a discount to local shoppers. They actually have it in stock.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

ktdid74
06-14-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm in Maine where the shopping is scarce :) I gave them Thursday as an arbitrary day cause I wanted to see what the response would be. I've been watching several on ebay so I may end up doing that. Or, this might be a sign that I don't *need* a $700 stroller ;)
eta- I just saw that you talked to them! Hope it gets to you soon!

lmariana
06-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Well, I cancelled my order. I talked to them again today and they decided that they cannot "express" ship my order, and they won't even be receiving their shipment until this Friday. So I wouldn't get the stroller until the end of next week. Ugh. That would make it ONE MONTH from my order date...

I called a wonderful store locally (www.strollandgo.com) and they matched the 10% off I saved, not to mention they are ULTRA nice. I still won't get it until the end of next week, but at least this way I know my money is going to a better company. :) I think they even help you assemble it.

I feel good about my decision. I hope that thebabyoutlet.com improves their customer service soon, it just was a very unpleasant experience for me. :(

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Java
06-17-2004, 02:16 AM
You may want to double-check your credit card statement. I cancelled an order with thebabyoutlet.com before and a month later I not only received the product that was cancelled but was also charged for it!

I ended up having to call them every couple of days for a whole month to finally get the credit issued back to my card.

lmariana
06-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up Sonya, I will definitely be checking into that!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

sherryh
06-20-2004, 08:59 PM
If you are having trouble with the company refunding your credit card, just issue a chargeback through your credit card company. That will get their attention!

SherryH

DoNotUseTheBabyOutlet Com
07-30-2004, 02:44 PM
I ordered a bassinet from thebabyoutlet.com on July 9 and had a ton of trouble with them! I ended up cancelling my order on July 12 (the next business day). I called to find out if I would receive a cancellation number or some confirmation through email. Thomas (the only person that I have ever been able to talk with there...call and you will get him too) said that they do not send cancellation confirmations. I stayed on him about it because the website never showed my order as cancelled! He tried to blame it on my machine saying that maybe I needed to clear my cookies. He said that it was definitely cancelled and I shouldn't worry about it. I asked him if I could have them delete my account information from their records because I would never be using them again!! He said they could not do that because they archived their records in case of a dispute...Well, they HAVE A DISPUTE!! On the 27th of July THEY CHARGED MY DEBIT CARD!! I called him and he said that he would contact the credit dept. and they would remove it IF the order wasn't supposed to be filled. The credit dept. was conviently closed, big surprise! I asked how long it would take and he said 7-10 days...I'm supposed to sit around and trust them to take care of it while I might get overdraft charges for this unexpected charge. NO WAY!! I told him that I would go to the bank and file a dispute. He said, "If that's the way you want to handle it, then we'll just wait until we get paperwork from the bank!" I went to the bank and filed a dispute that day and they will stop any overdraft charges that might occur from it and Visa will handle the dispute. This guy even refused to give his last name. I wanted it for the bank dispute so they would know who I dealt with. DO NOT SHOP AT WWW.THEBABYOUTLET.COM !!!!

DoNotUseTheBabyOutlet Com
07-30-2004, 02:45 PM
I ordered a bassinet from thebabyoutlet.com on July 9 and had a ton of trouble with them! I ended up cancelling my order on July 12 (the next business day). I called to find out if I would receive a cancellation number or some confirmation through email. Thomas (the only person that I have ever been able to talk with there...call and you will get him too) said that they do not send cancellation confirmations. I stayed on him about it because the website never showed my order as cancelled! He tried to blame it on my machine saying that maybe I needed to clear my cookies. He said that it was definitely cancelled and I shouldn't worry about it. I asked him if I could have them delete my account information from their records because I would never be using them again!! He said they could not do that because they archived their records in case of a dispute...Well, they HAVE A DISPUTE!! On the 27th of July THEY CHARGED MY DEBIT CARD!! I called him and he said that he would contact the credit dept. and they would remove it IF the order wasn't supposed to be filled. The credit dept. was conviently closed, big surprise! I asked how long it would take and he said 7-10 days...I'm supposed to sit around and trust them to take care of it while I might get overdraft charges for this unexpected charge. NO WAY!! I told him that I would go to the bank and file a dispute. He said, "If that's the way you want to handle it, then we'll just wait until we get paperwork from the bank!" I went to the bank and filed a dispute that day and they will stop any overdraft charges that might occur from it and Visa will handle the dispute. This guy even refused to give his last name. I wanted it for the bank dispute so they would know who I dealt with. DO NOT SHOP AT WWW.THEBABYOUTLET.COM !!!!