PDA

View Full Version : Spotty CS from SafetyDepot.com

ghs517
07-09-2004, 04:14 PM
I just wanted to give folks a heads up on Safety Depot (SD), as they are experiencing some "growing pains" and their customer service is a bit spotty. Luckily, everything worked out in the end, but it took a while to get there.

My story:
-- Ordered a bunch of stuff from there at the end of April. Loved the free shipping, and all but two backordered items arrived within a few days.
-- One product (Safety First outlet plates) did not work properly. I called SD in early/mid May, and the manager offered to replace the covers with a better, more expensive model at no additional charge (very nice!). He promised to send them within a few business days. I sent back my covers in mid-May.
-- By May 20, the defective covers I'd returned were signed for at SD (gotta love UPS tracking!) but my replacements hadn't arrived. Called SD and was promised a return phone call in two hours. Never happened.
-- I called again after Memorial Day weekend. I was told there was a break-in at the store front and they had no computer access, given an apology, and told the covers were likely already on the way. No covers arrived over the next few days.
-- June 10, no reply to my complaining e-mail.
-- June 19, called again about covers as well as backordered items which still hadn't arrived. Manager apologized but said they'd had a virus a while back (what happened to the break-in?). Covers were to be sent immediately.
-- Yes! All my stuff arrived within a few days.
-- July 10 -- My credit card bill was charged for the replacement covers, despite being told that there was no additional charge. Yet another phone call to the manager, who apologized for his company's "growing pains" and credited my account.

So...use this information to make your own judgment. I hope things improve there, as I genuinely want businesses to succeed. But it took a lot of effort on my part to get things right.