PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT Buy from Babyride.com

Torey
07-22-2004, 04:15 PM
I am so angry at this company. I ordered a Kettler Blossom Trike from them several days ago. I got my order today and was sent a Kettler Junior Trike (obviously the wrong trike, clearly pictured on the outside of the box). I called Babyride to find out how to fix the problem. The manager refused to help me because I said I was angry that they had messed up the order and I felt that any idiot should have been able to process this correctly given that the packing slip was correct. He said he would not sell me the correct trike (b/c I used the word idiot) and that he would not help me process my return. I had to send several emails to the company and call again to get help with my return. And they refuse to send me the correct trike. I have been dying to get this trike for DD and am so upset that I now have to order another one, from somewhere else and wait to get it. GRrrrrrrr.

safarimom
07-22-2004, 04:39 PM
If you used your credit card on this order, then call your credit card company & dispute the charge stating that you did not get what you ordered & paid for. That should get the manager's attention when the credit card company refuses his payment!! He was probably the one that filled the order & didn't like being called an idiot. Can't say as I blame you for being frustrated--even moreso now because he refuses to help you iron out a problem that his company created. Credit card companies are great for going to bat for consumers who get shoddy service & generally it gets resolved in the consumer's favor, not the merchant's. Good luck!!

masetane
07-23-2004, 11:28 PM
All this because you used the word idiot? were they rude to you first that you said that? It shouldn't matter - if it is incorrect, they should fix the problem. What terrible service. I was actually looking at their site for something but I think I will pass now. Definitely go the credit card dispute route!!
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

momof3boys
07-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I wish I had the chance to read the reviews about this company before I placed an order with them. I didn't have too much trouble placing the order. It's getting the entire order that has become such an ordeal. Everything on the site seems to be in stock when in reality the items may be backordered. If i knew these items were backordered, I would have purchased them elsewhere. They have already charged my card and I am still waiting. I guess I'll stick to my favorite sites: The Magic Closet and Babycenter.

DebbieJ
08-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Check out the Around the House forum. Neve is working a deal on Kettlers right now.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

WooChx
08-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Not sure if it will help, but I just took my order over to JoggingStroller.com and wrote BabyRide.com an email explaining that this string is what influenced my decision.

I admit, if it were me calling them idiots would have been about the nicest thing I would have said.

UPDATE:

I had the BEST experience with JoggingStroller. I am amazed my stroller came via Fed Ex (free shipping!!) 3 DAYS after I ordered it! I was shocked! They also had assembled all the hard parts and it was really easy for me to put together.

AZMom2Be
01-10-2006, 02:45 PM
I also would like to caution parents before they do business with BabyRide.com. I ordered a Peg Perego a week ago from BabyRide. My credit card was charged and I received an e-mail confirmation verifying my order. A week later I received an e-mail from BabyRide stating, "Dear customer, The item you ordered is no longer available. We can offer you the 2006 in toffee with a 20.00 discount.
Thank you."

No apology was made nor was there any mention of refunding my credit card. I had to call several times to have the charge removed.

I would strongly advise not ordering from BabyRide.com

emilys_mom
01-22-2006, 01:48 PM
momof3boys--

There is a federal law called the mail order rule (I know because I work for a company that sells over the internet). Any order that is done by phone, fax or online qualifies.

If they already charged your credit card, they are required to give you an exact shipping time. If they are not going to meet that shipping time, they are required to notify you of the new shipping date and the kicker is you must consent to this new date. Here's a link that can help with this. If they give you any grief- please, turn them into the FTC. There are hefty fines involved, and you could keep someone else from going through a bad experience.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/mailorder.htm