PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware: Overstock.com Charges $4.95 Restocking Fee for Return of Anything, including clothing!

ILoveLT
08-27-2004, 02:27 AM
I ordered some clothing from Overstock.com and needed to return one item. Overstock.com's policy is you must get a Return Merchandise Number first before you can send anything back. I requested a RMA number 3 days ago, but they did not respond and I had to request it again. They said they must receive the item back within 30 days of your order or they will ship it back to you, but they make you wait for the RMA #! Then they told me I would be responsible for a $4.95 restocking fee per item. This is for clothing! NOWHERE ELSE have I heard of restocking fees for clothing! Even at closeout stores like Odd Job, Century 21 and Loehmann's, they take things back without charging any fees! Overstock.com said this is because most closeouts are final sale, which is simply not the case in my shopping experience, and I have plenty of closeout shopping experience! Clothing is hard to purchase online and you need to be able to try things on before you decide to keep something. This is outrageous! THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BUY FROM OVERSTOCK.COM. I prefer Smartbargains.com. I got my Combi Easy Glider high chair at a great price from Smartbargains.com and they don't charge restocking fees.

hellosmiletoday
11-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Yes I am boycotting Overstock as well. I ordered a book that was damaged and they would not return it since it was under 4.95. The sad part is that I saved less than $1 from Amazon's list price.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

ILoveLT
11-11-2004, 01:22 AM
As I said in my previous post, I am no longer shopping there! It's not as if there aren't other places to shop-- I hate it that they try to rip you off with their restocking fee!

dowlinal
11-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Add me to the list of people who hate Overstock.com. I bought an outfit for DD and used paypal. They made an inventory mistake and now refuse to refund my money. I knew that with paypal if I returned the outfit I could only get store credit but I wasn't planning on returning it. As far as they are concerned I knew that they don't allow refunds for retuned paypal orders and they just don't seem to understand that you would have to receive the item to return it.

Now I have a store credit plus a coupon for $5 that I need to use at a store that I never want to shop at again.