PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback on Albee Baby and BabyAge

psych
08-27-2004, 12:16 PM
I need to place a large ($$$) for various items, including Crib, Mattress, Car Seat, Stroller, etc. These two places have all the items that I need. Does anyone have any feedback on them? TIA!

amp
08-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Look a litte further down this page. People (established posters in this community) just complained about both companies. Also do a search on both companies in this forum and see if anything else comes up.

n2ou
08-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Check Babycatalog.com. They have good prices when you buy the membership (which in your case will probably pay off).

All internet vendors have good and bad reviews, but this one keeps on popping up for good prices on high quality items.

mattysmom
08-31-2004, 04:03 PM
I didn't read the other posters' messages, but I have had good experiences with Albee baby. I've bought 3 Britax carseats and a highchairr. ALl the packages arrived within 48 hours of when I placed the order and in excellent condition.

Mikesa3
09-01-2004, 04:11 PM
I ordered a Britax carseat from Albee.It arrived quickly and perfect.It had a newer manufactured date on it so it will be good for a long time.I'd definately would order from them again.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

bunnisa
09-02-2004, 10:50 PM
i suggest you stay away from Babyage. I had TERRIBLE customer service, and am STILL waiting for a credit on a Kinderzeat I was never sent in MAY.

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

jamsmu
09-04-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. You'll see on my previous posts that I have had nothing by GREAT experiences with Baby Age. I ordered 2 Britax carseats (on separate occasions). Both came regular ground shipping in 2 days (and shipping was free!) Bethany, have you tried calling and talking to Stephanie? She has always been so helpful with my questions when I am placing orders. I hope you get your credit soon.

psych
09-09-2004, 08:51 PM
I wanted to return and post my feedback on Albee Baby, in case someone does a 'search' in the future.

After reading mostly positive reviews and a few not-so positive ones, I decided to order *one* of the items I was planning on buying from Albee Baby ( a Sorelle crib ). The crib shipped within 48 hours of when I placed the order. I received a UPS tracking number. The crib arrived a little over 24 hours after my shipping confirmation in perfect condition. No complaints at all! So, I will probably order from them again. Except that now they don't offer free shipping on orders over $99 anymore (but their shipping is very reasonable $5 regardless of size of order).

ajaymc
09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
I purchased an Aria stroller from Albee Baby several months ago and was very happy with both the stroller and the service. I don't have a single complaint. I am so pleased with the company that I am planning to buy our crib from them as well within the next couple of weeks. Good luck!

mommab
09-17-2004, 03:43 AM
My brother ordered 2 Britax Marathons for his twins from BabyAge last fall and was very pleased with the transaction. I've never ordered from either, but will put in a plug for babycatalog.com - they are awesome!! I've also had a good experience with babycenter.com FWIW!

HannaAddict
10-03-2004, 05:41 AM
I ordered a Britax RA from Babyage and it came promptly and at great price. I had a question re: the order and their customer service was terrible (didn't seem very bright or on the ball) but the seat arrived and is fine.

I've had great results with babycenter.com. Joined their babycenter plus group and its been worth it for me for the free shipping. They advertise free shipping for $50 or more for plus members but have shipped even small orders for free. And, more importantly, when I had a problem, they fixed it immediately. First, Diaper Dekor arrived damaged (small ding) in the box and most likely from the manufacturer. I called and they immediately sent out a new one priority for no charge and said to keep the damaged one to donate or as a spare. They also offered to refund my money versus send a new one if I wanted. Second, an order arrived missing my Stroll Along Duckies but I was charged for them. I called, they gave no argument,apologized, credited my credit card immediately and gave me a coupon code for $10 off next order (this was only a $11 order to begin with). Without my asking! I find it much more reliable to shop there when their prices are comparable than at other stores. Generally fast shipping too, even though it is free. Just my two cents.

Sillygirl
10-07-2004, 11:14 AM
I live in a smaller town with very few baby stores, so I have done most of my shopping online. I have been extremely satisfied with BabyAge. Their prices have been consistently good and the specials are often terrific (like my Combi UltraSavvy stroller for $100 off and free shipping!) The shipments have always arrived on time, even my special orders.

BabyAge has also gone out of their way to keep me satisfied, even when problems are not their fault. I just got a Sorelle crib from them, and the manufacturer has changed the crib specifications without notifying their merchants - my crib has a rigid bottom instead of the spring base they promised. BabyAge customer service called Sorelle on my behalf as soon as I called them. And when Sorelle wasn't willing to make any restitution, BabyAge gave me a 10% refund to apologize for my inconvenience. All this took less than ten minutes from the time I called BabyAge. And BabyAge had amended their website description of the crib within half an hour - to make sure that no other customer was misinformed.

I think a business that goes out of their way to ensure satisfied customers should be rewarded. So I will be purchasing from BabyAge again and again.

Sorelle, on the other hand. . . not so much.

Auburn94
11-11-2004, 09:00 PM
I've ordered from Albee Baby two separate times (July 03 and Sept 04) and had perfect service both times. (Both orders were strollers.)

Diane