PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo site as bad as the book says!

shabadoo
09-01-2004, 11:21 AM
We adopted a six-month old and after consulting Baby Bargains, Epinions, and the reviews on Amazon, we decided to go with the Evenflo Triumph 5. We are very happy with this seat. The registration card indicated that we could register the seat online, so I went to the site.

I worked in Internet companies for seven years doing Web production, multimedia authoring, and all manner of jobs, so I'm a real hardass when it comes to criticizing sites.

First of all, the site is poorly designed and not intuitive.

Second, there were (are?) many broken links.

Third, finding the seat registration page was difficult. The link was buried three pages deep. It should be a link on the homepage as this is one of the primary reasons people would visit the site.

So I fired off an e-mail. It was mellow in tone and I mentioned what was wrong. I offered contructive criticism in detail while making an effort not to come across as being a know-it-all.

That was a month ago. I haven't heard back from Evenflo. I mailed in the registration but after my experience with the site, I imagine that my card was used to line a birdcage.

I buy 75% of gifts, books, music gear (I'm a professional musician) and computer equipment online and have been doing so for over seven years. The Evenflo Web site gets a D-. It's not an F because at least the product info is up-to-date.

--Al
Boston, MA