PDA

View Full Version : BabAge.com - Horrible Experience!

quinnsmom
12-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I am so fed up with BabyAge.com. I really thought I would have a positive experience with them after looking at *some* of the reviews of BabyAge from other BabyBargains posters. Well - I obviously didn't research enough - because since having this experience - I have found LOTS of negative feedback after doing a search on Google -and have found some negative info on this site as well.

I ordered a Britax Marathon thinking I was getting a good deal ($214 and free shipping). I guess everyone thought the same thing - because when I ordered it - I got an email a few days later saying it was out of stock. No big deal. BUT - they charged my credit card for the full amount.

I have been trying to get in contact with someone from BabyAge for almost 2 weeks. When I call their customer service number - it puts me on hold - then puts me back to the main recording after I have already chosen which department to be routed to and have been on hold forever - then the phone disconnects after about 20 minutes or so. This has happened to me about 5 times! I have gotten to a voice mail in which I left a message and have had no response.

When they told me the car seat was backordered (in the email they sent)- they said to reply to a customer service email if I needed to cancel my order. I replied. I got an automatic respone back saying that they no longer accept emails for customer service and that I was supposed to go to their online customer response form and fill one of those out. I have filled approximately 10 customer response forms and have gotten no response.

When I click on my order information after logging on to BabyAge - sometimes my "status" will say "Approved", sometimes it says "Processing" or "In Progress" (not sure which one) sometimes is says "Backordered". O.k. Which is it?????

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with anyone from that company. I am so P.O'd - I have no way to know if anyone has registered my requests. I can only assume that they haven't since my credit card still has the $214 charge on it almost 3 weeks later. And I have no car seat in my posession.

I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life. Which is pretty interesteing considering I haven't even truly dealt with anyone from Babyage yet. Usually my customer service complaints are about rudeness or carelessness in the way a customer service rep responds. I guess this is kind of the same thing. They are just being rude and careless by having an inefficient and maddening system. It's as if they intentionally designed a phone/email/online customer service plan to avoid and annoy their customers.

Please please avoid BabyAge. I hear they are great as long as you don't have a problem - if your item is in stock and you receive it and don't want to return it - you'll be fine. But forget about it if you have an issue!

On a happier note. I ordered the same carseat from http://www.babysupermarket.com/ on a Saturday morning - and got a repsonse saying my carseat was shipped Saturday afternoon. $199.99 plus $20 shipping. Only a mere $6 more than BabyAge - which is meaningless considering the excellent customer service already received from Philip at BabySupermarket.

Do research on Google BEFORE ordering from an online store!!!
Example "BabyAge complaints" You may be surprised what comes up.

There - I vented. I feel better.

safarimom
12-19-2004, 08:05 PM
So sorry, Michelle, about your experience with BabyAge. Hopefully, you can register a complaint with your credit card company & they will go to bat for you & have the charge removed. That is one great thing about using a credit card to pay for purchases. I'll definitely keep in mind your experience when ordering baby supplies.

quinnsmom
12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks - I am actually going to call my credit card today and dispute the charge. Thank goodness for that option! :)

lmarcam
12-20-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry that you have had such a bad experience with them. I returned a product that I purchased from them and though they were slow on getting me the return auth. number, and issuing the credit, it did all go through (and the return was simply because I changed my mind about the product, not because there was anything else wrong with it). Otherwise I've had a very good experience with them, I ordered both my snugride and Kolcraft universal from them with no problems.

Hopefully they will straighten out your problem shortly.

lerlerler
12-21-2004, 09:30 PM
vent away!

JLiebCamm
12-26-2004, 11:16 PM
I ordered a Eurobath and a FP Papasan Seat from them and both boxes arrived looking as if they had been trampled! Now I know that this is UPS or FedEx's responsibility too (I forget which one) but the original boxes were sent directly with nothing around them to protect them. Luckily the merchandise inside was fine but if I had been giving these as gifts I would have been embarassed.