PDA

View Full Version : BabyAge - having trouble reaching them

steph_in_mass
01-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Has anyone had issues in getting in touch via phone with BabyAge? I was trying to cancel an order (so that I could add more to it and only pay for shipping once!) and I cannot get through to them.

steph_in_mass
01-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Apparently, BabyAge was moving their offices and had limited phone support during that time. I did get in touch with them and they were very helpful.

quinnsmom
01-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I am so sorry that I ever ordered anything from BabyAge!!!!

Yes - I too am STILL having a difficult time reaching them.

I posted prevously abut the bad experience I had with htem (still having). I ordered a Britax Marathon at the beginning of December and wanted to cancel since they were out of stock. I called and called and called - waited and waited and waited. I got disconnected (after waiting for over 20 mins.)or sent to a voice mail each and every time.

My husband and I have left several msgs - via phone and through their online customer form. No one from BabyAge has contacted us yet. (It's been over a month.)

I had to call my credit card company to have them dispute the charge with BabyAge's bank. I also filed a complaint to the BBBOnline. My credit card was credited back - but......

Just yesterday - I got an email fron BabyAge saying that they are shipping the car seat!!!!!??? My account has already been credited via the dispute through my credit card company. We have been calling all day yesterday to ask them what the h**l is going on! No response after msgs left on voice mail. Our last resort is to fax.

We called the credit card company to ask their advice and they said that companies do this when an item is disputed - so they can get their money back. They have the item delivered anyway - refuse to give an RA number for return shipping when the customer calls to dispute- so the consumer is left with the item in their posession and have to pay.

It is going to be a very long exhausting battle.

I only hope that whoever delivers (we have gotten 2 seperate emails from BabyAge - one saying that UPS is delivering and 1 saying that FedEx is delivering - bith with tracking mumbers!) the car seat will knock on the door so we can refuse the item. I hope we don't get 2 seats.

What a headache!

Good luck in trying to contact them. PLEASE post back if you actually speak to a person. I feel like I am going crazy here - like they have caller id and they see that I'm calling for the millionth time and that they're avoiding me saying "Oh it's that lady again - don't pick up.")

UGH!

HannaAddict
01-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Your credit card company should still not pay them if you have canceled the order. If a company ships you an item that you did not request, or canceled, then you have no obligation to pay for it! Send an email asap (if you haven't already) reminding them that you previously canceled the order (hope you did via email or something) and that you have tried repeatedly to contact them in person with no success and since they did not have the item you needed, you have already purchased it elsewhere. Let them know if they send it to you, you will decline it and dispute any charge they attempt to make to your credit card. I would also think about canceling that credit card number and get a new number. American Express did this for us when a hotel in Vancouver BC (a very swank hotel) charged us for staying there about 11 months after we had stayed there for New Years and paid. We disputed it, AmEx reversed the charges, the hotel never responded to AmEx, but waited a month or two and charged it again. The whole process was repeated againg, and the third time, AmEx just changed a couple digits on our card and issued new cards. A pain, but stopped the crazed hotel (why they did this no one know!!) in their tracks.

Good luck. Sorry for the bad babyage experience. We ordered our RA from them and had no problems contacting them via phone, but they were not confidence inspiring. But our order came through at a rock bottom price after all. Good Luck!!

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

quinnsmom
01-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Kimberly - that is an EXCELLENT idea! I am going to call the cc company right now.

Yes - we did all of those things you mentioned. It is ridiculous how much and how long we have been trying to contact BabyAge. Everything is well documented.

We are going to call Clark Howard (consumer advocate/money saving expert)next week - if we can get through to him - and ask for some advice. Is anyone familiar with him...I don't know if he is just in the Atlanta area. My husband loves him!

We refused the car seat today when FedEx came by. Although on BabyAge's website they say that if you refuse an item they will charge you a $10 fee. As well as a $10 restocking fee. AS WELL AS give you NO REFUND. But since my cc company already got a refund from BabyAge's bank...they are sending me an item that I didn't pay for and have tried to cancell many many times.

I wonder - is anyone there at BabyAge? Are they blowing off their work duties, purposefully screwing with people? Or are they so screwed up/unorganized/unprofessional? As I mentioned earlier I got 2 emails saying the car seat was being sent. One being sent FedEx -which we refused today. And another email giving us a UPS tracking number. We may be refusing ANOTHER car seat on Monday!

Really I could go on forever about how annoyed I am with them - I MUST STOP!

Thanks for the advice Kimberly. :)

TahliasMom
01-13-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm so so disappointed in this store. I have ordered a lot in the past year and always had excelent customer service and received my orders within a week. But I am so regretting ordering from them. I'm still waiting for my order that I placed on 12/29. I finally got an email yesterday that it's finally shipping and it will be here on 1/18. Three weeks! I'm so p'd off! I also was trying to call but had no luck. If I knew it was going to take 3 weeks I would have driven the 30 minutes to BRU and bought what I needed. I sent them an email since I can't get through on the phone!

quinnsmom
01-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Katherine - I share in your dissapointment!

Let me know if you get a response from them - via phone or email.

I still haven't gotten a response in a month and a half!

HannaAddict
01-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Glad you were able to refuse the car seat. I hope they won't try to charge you since you cancelled the order and if they do, that your credit card company tells them where to stuff it.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with babyage.com. We ordered our RA from them without checking this forum because they had a discount, eBates, etc. and I guess got lucky. It arrived quickly and uneventfully. I did make one call to Customer Service, they were not really very helpful (didn't seem the brightest bulb) but the order didn't get messed up.

Good luck. Glad the advice helped.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

TahliasMom
01-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I got my lousy bottles, finally! My poor DD had to wait 3 weeks for them. Still no call back or anything from customer service! :(