PDA

View Full Version : BabyUniverse very slow in crediting you for return

mom2aidan
01-15-2005, 08:17 PM
I have to return an item I purchased at BabyUniverse and I mailed it to them on Dec. 28th. I sent it with tracking information and I know it was delivered to them on Dec. 31st. Until now, I still have not received a credit for the item. I called them on Wed. Jan. 12th and the customer service rep told me I should get the credit in 24 hours. I just checked my account and still no credit. Has anyone had this same experience with them? I'm very disappointed with their service.

bluej
01-24-2005, 06:53 AM
Yes, it took me 4 months to get my refund from them when I returned a stroller. And that was with several emails, an investigation by my CC company and one final very nasty letter from me. I'll never shop BabyUniverse again. I got that 'within 24 hours line' a LOT when I was dealing with them, along with many unanswered emails. I hope you get your money soon.

karolyp
01-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Sorry...it's a long post!!

I bought a Simplicity Alex crib from BabyUniverse, and I cannot even begin to tell you all the problems I've had with BabyUniverse and Simplicity. First off, the crib was on backorder, which was ok because they notified me of that beforehand. However, after waiting more than a month for the crib, BabyUniverse shipped me the wrong crib. Of course they blamed that error on their supplier. So, I had to wait another month for the correct crib because the Alex crib went on backorder again. Furthermore, when the crib finally arrived, it was damaged. Nonetheless, I contacted BabyUniverse and told them how unsatisfied I was with this whole purchase and asked them if they would do anything to compensate me for all this trouble. And they said that since I used a 10% off coupon in the beginning to purchase the crib, they couldn't authorize any additional discounts. I really felt like returning the whole crib, but unfortunately, I can't afford to wait another 8-12 weeks for another crib (the standard wait time it takes to receive a new crib) as my EDD is right around the corner! Furthermore, I'd already ordered the matching Alex Combo unit from Target.com, which also arrived damaged. So, I had to order several replacement parts from Simplicity, because even the replacement parts were arriving damaged too. However, when I contacted Target about these problems, they promptly refunded $80 from the combo!! So I called BabyUniverse and told them what Target.com did and they finally refunded me $30 off of the crib, which took several days to receive.

Morale of the story, do not wait until the last minute to buy the crib, buy from reputable companies like Target.com, and don't buy from BabyUniverse!!

lmariana
01-24-2005, 11:37 AM
I thought I'd add a little good experience here...

I bought a stroller from them and after deciding it wasn't for us, I called and got a RA# to return the stroller.

I sent it via FedEx Ground, and received my refund the day after they received my return.

I paid via Paypal, so I don't know if that makes a difference. Just wanted to share a positive story!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)