PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Paypal????

masetane
01-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I just read the Paypal Warning thread and looked at www.paypalsucks.com and I am pretty freaked out enough to close my account. However, I have a lot of stuff in my house that I need to sell and I fear that not having Paypal would make me lose lots of buyers. People like that it is immediate shipping with it and I personally like it for payment (I use what money is in my account or credit card - Never money from the link to my checking account).

So, what is an alternative for me? I don't think it's too feasible to make a whole other checking account due to fees I would incur and I don't have that many transactions - lately people seem to be paying with a personal check. Should I cancel my current account and open a new one with a new credit card?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks. If anyone got into my checking account, I would be beheaded by my husband!!!

Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

bettyboop
02-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Paypal is bad, and ebay raised its fees again. I opened up a merchant account through costco and got a nice rate and no need to link through the checking account. It has only been three months, so far it is decent. You could also check with your bank and take the credit cards yourself. It depends how much you sell.
Betty

Mikesa3
02-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I have a separate checking just for Paypal with less then $150 in it.If you check around I think you can find a bank that you can get a checking account with no fees.I only buy on Ebay so far so I don't have experience as a seller.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

anamika
03-11-2005, 04:46 PM
I have no thoughts on paypal - sorry. I just wanted to know where you got the cute image in your signature - that's my DD to a T!!
You can email me at sriniu at yahoo dot com
Thanks again,