PDA

View Full Version : Questionable experience with AlbeeBaby

Emmas Mom
01-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Ok, someone tell me if I'm being unreasonable. I purchased the Sorelle Lana crib from them...over the phone, not online. No problems, they expedited shipping (which is why I called & didn't do it online) for me, it was all good. Got the crib & it was damaged. Again, they took care of it & I got my replacement parts from Sorelle directly. Here are my issues:

1. They are VERY difficult to call. I always get a busy signal & have to continuously call back. I have also been placed on hold for up to 10 minutes at a time & then hung up to try to call again. Frustrating as they do not have a toll free number.

2. I did NOT receive a receipt or invoice or anything for my crib. No packing slip on the box either. I called e-mailed them....no response & then called them about it...I finally got through. I spoke to Robbie, who said someone would call me back. I got a pretty prompt return call from Frank who said they wouldn't be able to get me a receipt or anything because I phoned in my order. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE??? I mean, I plan to keep the crib but I would LIKE to have a receipt for my purchase. I don't understand that. I need(ed) the receipt to apparently fax it over to Sorelle to get the correct mattress hangers (see the post in Nursery Necessities on the Sorelle Lana cribs for that). Don't you think they could generate one anyway? Even if they didn't have the original? They obviously have my information because they've sent me the crib.

Am I being unreasonable??

zoethebeagle
01-26-2005, 05:55 PM
It doesn't sound right but I would try to speak to someone else- maybe the manager.

Albee's is a very "mom and pop" baby store that has been on the Upper West Side of NYC for years and years. I used to live up there and I bought my crib and everything else I got for my first baby from them. They are very reputable and trustworthy, however, the store itself is a big mess (in my opinion) and orders were written in notebooks and the like. But they carry the best stuff at good prices with good customer service.

I remember the phone line being busy alot, but I think it is because it is a very small store.

I had nothing but excellent customer service there so I am hoping your situation was a mistake. They were always very helpful and nice- just a very small business (small store space, at least) - nothing like BRU or Buy Buy Baby where its sometimes hard to find someone to really help you.

I only posted to give you some background on what the store is really like and to share my positive experiences with them. But, I'd want a receipt, too, and I'd call them back.

Good luck-
Erika