PDA

View Full Version : Babyage.com - Customer Explanation Letter - Anyone?

quinnsmom
02-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Has anyone gotten this letter? It makes me feel the tiniest - I repeat- tiniest bit better about the total hassle I have gone through with Babyage.

I just received a letter via email from Babyage acknowleding "a few operational setbacks" and " difficulty with FedEx tracking capabilities" and that they have been "unable to exceed the high level of expectation we customarily promise". Apparently this all came about because of their relocation from NJ to PA. They sent a coupon code for 10% off anything online for the next 60 days.

I do appreciate their apology and acknowledgement of their horrible customer service. But I truly am DONE with babyage.com - I don't care how good their prices are - or how great they were in the past. I just CANNOT take the chance of going through another ordeal like I did with the Britax car seat order in December/January.

I think customer service is nore important - in the end- than good prcies. I am willing to pay more at another online retailer.

Did anyone else receive this letter? I called and left numerous msgs, emails, customer forms (or whatever they're called), contested w/ my cc company AND submitted a BBBOnline complaint form. Maybe that's whay I got a letter!

MarisaSF
02-05-2005, 04:16 AM
I just got home (yippee! at 12:30 -- saw my first movie out in a LONG time) and was happy to see the letter. Wanted to post it here right away... you beat me!

I don't know what to think. I'm impressed by the letter and discount code. Maybe I'll try calling and, until I get a human voice, I won't order again!

Anyway... for anyone who's followed the babyage saga, here's the letter in full. Maybe someone will take them up on the coupon code:

To Marisa ***,

BabyAge thanks you for your business and for your patience during this time of growth and transition for us. First and foremost, we would like to extend our heartfelt apology for the difficulty you have experienced in dealing with our company over the last few weeks.

Our relocation from New Jersey to Pennsylvania has resulted in much change, most for the good of our customers. However, this transition has not come without its setbacks. Because we are working with a brand new warehouse, phone system and computer system, we've encountered a few operational setbacks. In addition, we are experiencing difficulty with FedEx tracking capabilities and are working diligently with FedEx to resolve this matter. Please click here to reference letter from FedEx. These matters have resulted in a high volume of calls and emails, all of which are being addressed as promptly as possible.

It is to our dismay that BabyAge, for a short time, has been unable to exceed the high level of expectation we customarily promise to you. We recognize that this is a momentous time in your life and believe it should be treated as such. It is obvious to us that the occurrence of such circumstances beyond our control has, regrettably, affected you adversely.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, as this is not typical of our company, nor is it a reflection of the standards we work so hard to provide for you. Please rest assured that the unfavorable issues encountered during this transition are temporary and not at all indicative of our principles in business.

As a gesture of our regret for the effect this may have had on you and your family, as well as our appreciation for your understanding, we would like to extend to you a gift certificate redeemable for the next 60 days for 10% off of anything in our store (including thousands of already reduced items) Simply present this code "ECOM" at your next order.

Please accept our gratitude for your patience. Again, we apologize to you and hope you will continue to do business with us. Your patronage means a lot to BabyAge.

Respectfully,

Jack Kiefer
President
BabyAge, Inc

TDS1
02-05-2005, 09:58 AM
This would make a fantastic price on the Ameda PY with carry all ($140-10%)...

zoethebeagle
02-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I got the letter, too, but for me it is way too little, too late.

I ordered the Elongate which came late and bent! I kept in anyway (which I shouldn't have) but I needed it to control my all-over-the-place new walker and I just put some white duct tape on the bent part for protection.

I also had the same problem with something that was "backordered" and was never given notice of this when I ordered.

It took me over a WEEK to get someone to talk to- I never got any response to the emails I sent. Thank goodness I have speaker phone and I could do other stuff while I was on hold for hours! Not to mention how many time I was disconnected by them after being on hold forever.

I understand they were having growing pains in their move but there are just too many other reputable businesses out there selling the same products for similar prices that I would NEVER order from Babyage again.

Maybe I am too used to the personal customer service from Marilyn at arunningstroller.com or the nice folks at Albees but an apology form letter is not enough to sway me back.

Erika

angusmom
02-07-2005, 03:24 PM
I havent personally been involved with babyage and have never ordered from them. I just wanted to say from a customer service standpoint that a 10% discount is almost worthless in apology for the severe problems many of you have mentioned here. I should think 25% is more like it to really create goodwill. Just for an everyday coupon, 10% is a bonus to get, but to say sorry for such bad problems, it's really lame IMHO.

ribbit1019
02-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Sorry such a late post, but I would have to tend to agree with PP.

Sorry and 10% doesn't cut it, I would have to go for something close to 20% to order from them again. They have had coupon codes out there that are worth 10% so what is the difference? Did they really tick that many people off?

10% off is why I got into this mess in the first place, I needed a Marathon, and an Ameda Purely Yours so I ordered them together and would up in a mess....

I want to add that they opened my breast pump box and put in the extra valves that I ordered. The box has a sticker on it and is sealed from Hollister. I was so thankful that I recieved the darn thing finally that I ripped into it in a hurry and didn't think about it until later. Though I am sure that no one used the pump is makes me very mad that they opended something that is supposed to stay sealed for hygenic reasons.

Though I appreciate the apology, I'll be avoiding them in the future.

Christy
"Mom-ma" to Madison
Born 06/09/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050609/2/13/0/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif