PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Buy.com

westchicagomom
02-12-2005, 03:04 AM
I have made several purchases from them w/o a problem, but I am now so thoroughly disgusted w/ them I won't ever look at their website again.

In mid-December I placed an order for some baby safety items and 2 of those alcohol breath detectors (gifts for my family). I received only 1 of the detectors in a box where the packing slip said there were to be 2. I filed a claim in December stating this and received an e-mail saying it would take 5 business days to process. After 2 weeks passed I e-mailed them asking the status and they said it would take 10 to 15 business days. There are more annoying details which I won't bore you w/. Suffice to say we went back and forth for another month (most of the communication on their part was saying that they forwarded my e-mail to the appropriate dept). I finally filed a dispute w/ my credit card company and it still took them 2 weeks to credit me the whopping total of $31.49. In their e-mail saying they were refunding me, they acted as if they were doing me a favor by giving me back the money I was due!

They may have some good deals, but it is not worth the hassle if there is a problem. Their customer service stinks!

August Mom
03-21-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I just wanted to chime in that I have only had good experiences. Even when I had a problem (I received a defective book), it was remedied quickly. I will say that I rarely buy anything but books or DVDs there. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

westchicagomom
03-22-2005, 11:19 PM
I think I would not have had the experience I had if I just wanted a replacement for the item. The fact that I wanted a refund for a "missing" item put it into a whole different class.

I need to go and unsubscribe from their e-mail list and delete my account as I really have no interest in *ever* dealing w/ them again. I am glad they were helpful for you though!

bricorssk
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
I had a horrible experience with them also. I ordered a cd from them and it never arrived, I had to file a claim just for a replacement which after 20 days was never resolved. I had to call and complain more at that point, finally a week later I got the cd. I have never experienced such a bad policy (the tracking number they sent even showed that it never was even picked up from the facility), they were so rude too. I used to order books from them but not anymore! BEWARE!!!!!
Corina