PDA

View Full Version : BabyAge still having problems

lablover
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that BabyAge is still not a reliable place to shop. My sister ordered 2 britax carseats and a configuregate with several extensions on 2/7/04. I warned her ahead of time but she had a 10% coupon code. She received an e-mail that the items had been shipped 1 or 2 days later. By the end of the week she hadn't received anything so she checked the UPS tracking code, which didn't exist on the UPS website. She called Baby Age and talked to someone that said the items should be arriving soon. Now 1 1/2 weeks later she still has nothing. She talked to someone at UPS who said that the items were never picked up from the store. She called BabyAge again and sat on hold for 40 minutes today only to be transferred to a voice mail box. Left a very irritated message but who knows where that will get her. Unfortunately her daughter really needs to be moved to the bigger carseat now. You'd think with a $600 order you could get a little customer service!!! Unfortunately her daughter really needs to be moved to the bigger carseat now. Meanwhile her neighbor also ordered a carseat which arrived promptly a few days ago. I've also ordered things in the past with no problems. It's hit or miss with this company!

MarisaSF
02-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Sorry to hear of your sister's problems!

I was disappointed as well. The co. is ridiculous.

I suggest she try the same tracking number at fedex.com -- Babyage directed me to UPS, but I had the same problem with the tracking number "not existing." They actually sent it FedEx.

o_mom
02-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Not to discount anyones experience, but I just ordered a Kelty backpack from them this week and recieved it exactly 3 days later in perfect condition.

Note: I knew going in that they have had some issues, but since the price was $50 less than any local store and at least $30 than any place on the web that I found, I took a shot. Also, this was not a "necessary" item such as a carseat, so I was prepared to wait if needed.

wookiemouse
03-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm shocked she got to talk to someone at all in the first place.

You could not pay me enough money to shop at BabyAge again. It took nearly 2 months to get a body pillow I had ordered - of course my email receipt said "shipped next business day." After 2 weeks, I tried email and phone - emails went unanswered, phone calls immediately dumped me into voice mail. After one month of trying to get in contact with SOMEONE at this company, my husband sent a nasty email threatening a lawsuit (since they already charged our CC for the item) and THAT got their attention. At that point they said the pillow was backordered for 3 weeks! I don't mind the time it takes to get some items, but if it isn't in stock, TELL ME, and the fact you can't get a hold of ANYONE at that store really bothered me!!!

Stacy

SummerBaby
03-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I've been reading all the problems people have been having with Baby Age for several months now. I was wondering if anyone has reported them to the Better Business Bureau or their state's Attorney General Office. After reading all the horror stories, I realize how lucky I was to get my Britax MA only a week after I ordered it. However, the more I read, the more it sounds like this company is walking a thin line between bad service and consumer fraud. I believe here in NY if the attorney general receives enough subtantiated complaints about a company, the company can be barred from doing business in NY. I just don't understand how they are getting away with this! I would definitely encourage people who have had problems to file complaints.

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

safarimom
03-08-2005, 09:47 PM
I wonder if that's why they recently moved to PA.