PDA

View Full Version : My Publisher - worth the time/money?

Canna
03-10-2005, 08:37 AM
They are offering 25% off of any order or 50% off orders over $50. Looks like it could be neat...? Any recent experiences?

missym
03-10-2005, 11:03 AM
We bought several books back when they were running their referral promotions. I was happy enough with them since we only paid for shipping, but the quality was not what I had hoped. The binding was fine, but many of the pictures had ink spots or streaks through them (obviously these were not on our digital shots). Also, for some odd reason, the quality of the full-page pictures was better than the smaller pics (the ones with 2-3 on a page were grainy). We were using high-resolution images, so they should all have been pretty crisp.

I haven't tried photo books from any of the other services, so I don't know if they're any better or not.

HTH!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03... and #2 due 9/19/05!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
We made it 22 months!

nstekl
03-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I have never used My Publisher, but I have made picture books with Shutterfly.com. They have larger leather books and small plastic books. I have done both and was very happy with the results. They have specials all the time....

-N

lampes
04-07-2005, 10:56 PM
I have made MyPublisher books and Shutterfly books. The Shutterfly books are great quality - printed on photo paper but there is no creativity with Shutterfly. You can only do one photo per page. (this may have changed).

In My Publisher, you have a variety of layouts with full page, bleed to the edge photos, four or five photos on a page, little stories with each page, etc. The quality is not as good but the creativity that you can do is worth it, imo. I have loved MyPublisher books and everyone that I have given them to have loved them.

If you go in knowing that your quality won't be that of a regular picture, you won't be disappointed. It depends on what you are looking for.