PDA

View Full Version : Resolution to our defective Mac Quest delema (FYI for those considering an oline Mac purchase)

Edensmum
05-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I bought an 04 Mac Quest from Albee Baby for a great deal. I love the stroller and it arrived just 2 days after placing the order. I was really disapointed to see that the rain cover was defective(sewn sothe trim was not attached to the plastic) I called Albee about this and they quickly sent a new rain cover no questions asked. The first time I used the stroller other than around the house to try it out was a couple weeks after we got it( I bought it as a small folding travel stroller, we have an aria as our main stroller) I was very disapointed when I extended the leg rest and the plastic end peic came off in my hand. I also noticed it doesn't steer as nicely as the Mac's I test drove. On further inspection I noticed the frame is bent and the right front wheel is not sitting completely on the ground. Basically the frame is bent, they call is wheel lift I have been told.
So I call Albee, they are very nice about everything and ask me to see if MacLaren will handle it since it is their warrantee.
I call Mac and am on hold forever so I use their leave a message feature. Their recording says I should recieve a call within 24 hours. 24 hours later, no call. So I try again. Again they do not return my call. I finally get a hold of someone. They basically say I have two options, live with it, or pay to ship it to them and they will tyr to fix it. They said the leg rest is not fixable and the wheel lift could be improved, but will probably always be there at least a little. I say this is not a stroller that has been used and damaged by use. It is brand new and arrived defective. I want a replacement, not a repair and definately not at my expense. THey basically say tough. I can't believe that I am supposed to live with this defective stroller. It amazes me how rude and not at all helpfull MacLaren was. They never once said I am sorry for the incovience or the problems. All of which were quality control on their end, not a fault of mine or shipping etc. It was a poorly made stroller with major defects.
I called Albee back. They have been very understanding and very helpful. They said people often have a lot of trouble dealing with MacLaren when there is a problem, but they will replace the stroller. They are actually out of the color I have so they are sending a new frame that I can attach my seat and hood to. They are also sending a return shipping label so I can send back the defective frame. Albee was very helpful and very qucik with everything. They do business the way it should be done.
I felt I should share this story here so that anyone consdering buying a Mac or dealing with Albee has something to go on.
MacLaren should be ashamed of their customer service. I can't believe it was acceptable to them to know this is the type and quality of product reaching their customers. I will not buy another Mac.
I will definately shop with Albee again and I recommend them to anyone.

Leia

Same as stroller board.
Eden 9/04

california_sales_girl
05-26-2005, 03:23 PM
To be fair to Maclaren, that stroller did not leave the factory that way. It either was damaged in transit to Albees or on the way to you. Maclaren should not be held responsible, the shipper to you should be contacted and a damage claim made.