PDA

View Full Version : Good experience with Kiwi-kids

terrapin_mon
06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi,

I normally don't post raves, but having read the other post with problems with Kiwi-kid, I thought I should add my 2 cents. I just ordered a stroller (Zippy 2005 1/2) and not only did I get prompt service, it was very good customer service too! I called on a weekend, got all the responses to my questions, got emails updating me on the status of my order, and when my order shipped and more so I got the tracking info on the shipping on their website itself. So maybe the PP just happened to have a bad experience?

Quite impressive and I am happy.

Ritu

lhklynn
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Honestly, I think that many people HAVE had good experiences with Kiwi-Kid (Rodney) but unfortunately there are quite a few of us who experienced a different side of Kiwi-Kid (usually after a problem arose).

At first, I also had no problems getting in touch with Rodney and having my questions answered. I was also very pleased that my stroller shipped quickly. I began to experience difficulties dealing with Rodney after discovering a problem with our stroller's front wheel. When I encountered even more problems trying to get it fixed (through Valco) Rodney completely dissapeared!

I was dumbfounded initially since my first impression was that Kiwi-Kid was going to be a great retailer to work with. I was shocked and confused when Rodney suddenly refused to return my phone calls or emails. It angered me that he finally chose to help me ONLY when I posted my experiences on the stroller board. At that point he had known of my problems (in detail!) for well over a month and had not once bothered to call or email me back.

The good news is that after my post (and Valerie's!), Rodney finally issued a call tag and my stroller was returned to him for a refund. The refund process was less than smooth but now I finally have my money back. I am so relieved that its over and done with!

I think the true test of a retailer is not how good their customer service is when all goes as planned but how good their customer service is when there is a problem. Examples of such problems would be a defective stroller, a mistake in shipment or an out of stock product.

If you order from Kiwi-Kid when Rodney is in town and has the stroller you want in stock and in perfect condition then you will probably be fine. Otherwise, I would say buyer beware..

Just my 2 cents..

Lynn

terrapin_mon
06-10-2005, 04:07 PM
wow, Lynn, I guess that is a very valid point! Did not think of it quite like that. My idea was to also talk about a positive experience as sometimes that gets left out too.

Ritu