PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE- Growingfamily.com

buddyleebaby
07-07-2005, 09:49 PM
I want to mention that I did not order directly through the website, but with a representative at the hospital where I delivered. I just checked the Better Business Bureau and they have had several (60) complaints within the last 3 years...I haven't made mine yet.
Anyway, the letter I sent them should explain the situation, see below.

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to request an immediate refund of $ 141.05 . I placed an order on June 4th, 2005.
A month has passed and I have still not received any photos or birth announcements. I have called your office twice and have twice been given a delivery date other than the original. Both those dates have now come and gone.
Your staff has been less than helpful. I was told today that I could fax this letter. It was only when I inquired as to how you would see the notary’s seal (as in order to receive a refund I am told this letter must be notarized) that I was put on hold and then told in fact I would have to mail it.
I was also told that six dollars would be subtracted from my refund for shipping. I have no intention of paying for shipping as I NEVER RECEIVED A PACKAGE. I was told the reason this letter had to be notarized was as proof of that fact.
I also should mention my annoyance at having to go get this letter notarized. I don’t feel I should have to go out of my way to get back money which you have no claim to in the first place.
I am planning on reporting you to the Better Business Bureau if this situation is not resolved to my satisfaction. One of your employees did offer to send new photos, however we declined, as we have already been waiting a month for photos that were supposedly sent.
Perhaps in the future you will devise someway to track your packages.

ETA: To those of you who proof-read this letter for me via original post in lounge, I did make the corrections in the letter that went out. (Thank you !! )

hellokitty1
07-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Alicia - so sorry thts happened. Have you informed the hospital about this. They should not allow this vendor to condusct business through their facility. Good luck with your refund.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

nov04
07-13-2005, 08:38 PM
I was going to mention this too, they probably have no idea.