PDA

View Full Version : Do not order from Kidsfirstinternet.org....

blpmc
07-08-2005, 01:34 PM
We ordered a Sorelle Nina crib from kidsfirstinternet.org on May 28, 2005. The company charged our credit card immediately when we ordered, but the crib never arrived. When we attempted to contact the Company (numerous e-mails and phone calls), we received no reply. Eventually, they deleted our log-in access to their site, without crediting our credit card for the purchase.

We also noticed that the Company had posted a claim on their site, complete with the Better Business Bureau seal, saying that they were one of two online retailers with excellent customer satisfaction. We later learned that the Company was not even a member of the BBB (at which time we reported them for the fraudulant use of the BBB seal). Although this claim has been removed from their website, it's indicative of the type of people that run the Company.

Save yourself the trouble and order from a more reputable and honest company.

mtracchia
07-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Call you credit card company and dispute the charge. Hopefully you will get your money back.

August Mom
07-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was considering ordering from them and I'm glad I passed.

blpmc
07-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Update (just in case you're still not convinced to avoid these people): We filed a complaint with the BBB against this company. The Company responded with the following:

"I reviewed the situation, and spoken with our customer service manager, XXX XXX. The order for the Nina crib was cancelled due to the fact that the item was not in stock at the time of purchase. We notified the customer by phone and issued a full refund to XXXXXX. A check for the full amount was issued last week (Tues 12th).
Once again our apologies for our inability to complete the order as we are often at the mercy of our suppliers and the Nina crib has been a very popular product this year."

Sounds like a nice response, except that they lied about calling...they never contacted us. In fact, two weeks prior to issuing the refund (which we've yet to receive), they deleted our order from their system without notifying us. Also, they say that the Nina Crib isn't available, but they're still offering it on their website. Here's a link: http://www.kidsfirstinternet.org/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=7249.

Again, this Company is being run by dishonest people. Save yourself the trouble and order from somebody else.

kcgirl
07-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Wow, sorry to hear of all your problems! Since you paid by credit card, they should send a credit through your credit card instead of issuing you a check. With all the headaches you've had with that company, I wouldn't believe they are sending you a check until you receive it. Probably just a way of putting you off. Also, how can you trust that their check is good? I can see you cashing the check, then later finding out they didn't have the funds to cover it, and it coming out of YOUR banking account!!! I think I'd ask your credit card company to refund your money. Sounds like a very fraudulent company!!!

THANKS FOR WARNING ALL OF US!!!

DebbieJ
07-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow. Glad I checked here. I just emailed their CS regarding the price on a few items (asking them to price match). The auto response stated that they are in the middle of transitioning ownership and that someone will get back to me as soon as possible.

Maybe that is one reason for the screw ups?

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

angusmom
07-27-2005, 01:56 PM
If your credit card is charged at the time of purchase and a delivery time frame is quoted, and that time frame is not met, the company is in violation of FTC Mail and Telephone order laws. If your money is taken up front and the company can't deliver in that time, they are required by law to notify you and give you the option of continuing to wait for the merchandise or canceling the order for a full refund.

You should report the company to the FTC even if you have received a refund by now because they shouldn't be allowed to break the law and not have consequences.

The FTC web site is www.ftc.gov but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment.

Here is some information from the Network Solutions WHOIS database regarding the ownership of the kidsfirstinternet.org URL:
Domain Name:KIDSFIRSTINTERNET.ORG
Created On:07-Oct-2004 18:53:40 UTC
Last Updated On:07-Dec-2004 04:04:51 UTC
Expiration Date:07-Oct-2005 18:53:40 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Key-Systems GmbH (R51-LROR)
Registrant ID:P-AMA69-5545639
Registrant Name:avid amiri
Registrant Organization:None
Registrant Street1:135 s 500 w #610
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:slc
Registrant State/Province:ut
Registrant Postal Code:84101
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8015962461
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.8015962461
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]

Hope this helps!

blpmc
07-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the information. I still haven't received any correspondence from the Company, so we'll take your advise. My credit card company reversed the charge, so at least I got my money back. We ordered the same crib from Jdee.net and received it in less than a week, so we're in good shape. Jdee.net was very helpful and their customer service was extremely responsive...plus their selection of Sorelle cribs is unbelievable.

evstrauss
08-04-2005, 07:12 PM
I think it is really wonderful that there is an outlet for people to share their experiences like CyberBaby and Windsor Peak. My name is Evan Strauss and I am the owner of Kids First Internet. I purchased the company on July 11th, 2005 from the previous owners who were based in Salt Lake City. All I can say to these postings is I am sorry for any of the bad experiences that people have had ordering childrens' products at Kids First in the past. During the transition there were some delays in customer orders that have since been corrected. I am committed to raising the bar of excellence for the company in its handling of our customers and making sure that we can deliver everything quickly and at great value.

I can assure you that Kids First Internet is a legitimate business with full standing with the Better Business Bureau. Every visitor matters to us. In the past there have been some unhappy customers and I am working everyday to make it a positive internet experience for our visitors. I can be reached anytime at evan @kidsfirstinternet.org to answer any questions and to listen to your suggestions. Over 5,000 people visit our site a day for information, to browse our product listings and to learn more. We welcome your visit in the future.