PDA

View Full Version : BRU registry website is aweful!

rrogers
07-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Why in the world would a huge company like BRU link their registry through Amazon.com. It makes for the WORST customer service in the world. I registered at a BRU store a month ago. I STILL cannot activate my account online so that I can edit it. Since I have been put on "house rest" this has become a big issue. I have made three phone calls to amazon/BRU and two to the BRU store and no one can help me. How can they not help me activate the account so I can edit online?

The other issue with linking with another company is that there is NO product information. If you want to know dimensions or specs on a product, you will not find it on the amazon website.

How have they lasted with this horrible design?

kcgirl
07-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I agree! It leaves A LOT to be desired!! I started my registry online and that part was okay. But, when I went to the store to add some things, that's when things got screwed up. Before I made my registry available for others to look at, my husband and I were at BRU and we scanned some items into our registry, but before we left the store, we deleted some of the items.

Boy, was I surprised when I found that some of the items we had deleted were still showing up on the registry at the store. They weren't showing up online, however, therefore I wasn't aware of the problem until later!!

Also, when I was at TRU (which is closer to me), they didn't know how to scan items to my registry since it was started online.

And, now when I go look at my registry online, there are things on there that I never put on there at all! Looks like it might be because they no longer carry a particular item, but if that is the case, why don't they email me so I can choose my own alternative product!

I could go on and on, but I'll stop for now.

infocrazy
07-12-2005, 11:18 AM
I hear you! Our registry shows purchased items wrong online. It shows that we have received 2 of a few things but when you look in the store, it is correct.

We also have a big ticket item that shows as purchased both places but we never received. After much drama, I found out it was purchased in a store vs online (lots of out-of-town family so I was concerned about a shipping issue).

We had a lot of stuff NOT show as purchased and when I called to have it corrected, they deleted the registry...they fixed it but I was VERY annoyed!!!!

Terrible, terrible, system!

kcgirl
07-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Oh my land, your experience may have even been worse than mine!!

nanf
07-12-2005, 04:55 PM
I agree BRU registy is horrible.
I had better luck with Target's registry. The funny thing is that Amazon handles thetechnology services, order fulfillment and customer service for Target. However, Target doesn't provide everything you need.
I registed at both Target and BRU and had even registered for the same product at both stores. That way you can return at either store if both stores have the product.

In target's registry you can mark that you received the item-just in case you get a gift without a receipt. I was told by BRU store to call them directly and not amazon to correct the registry.
But seeing that that calling either amazon or BRU store didn't help, I ended up just deleting online. BRU still took the returns even if it wasn't on my registry anymore.
Target will also take the return if the carry it in their store, but if you don't have a receipt they will only let you trade for something in the baby department.

rrogers, do you have an account with amazon? It worked out for me to create the registry online first, then calling the BRU store in a few hours to make sure they had the registry and give them the sku numbers for the items they don't carry online. Does that make sense? If you have any problems or questions feel free to email me. I'm on bedrest until my c-section on monday.

Nannette

buddyleebaby
07-12-2005, 09:19 PM
When I registered at BRU, they told me not to bother trying to edit my registry online, to quote "Amazon is screwing everyone's registries up."
The only problem I had was that several items appeared on my registry twice, and then when I erased the duplicates, it erased them altogether at the store. My registry was then correct online however.
Sorry you're frustrated. I hope they can fix your registry for you soon.

racerl1
07-13-2005, 10:15 AM
We had the same problem after registering at BRU. We were told the registry would be online within 24 hours, but it wasn't. We registered on a Friday afternoon, and customer service told me the problem was that it was the weekend, so my registry would show up Monday. It didn't. I just kept checking. On Tuesday, my name appeared when you searched for my registry, but it said no items were on it. Finally, by Wednesday, everything showed up, but I didn't receive my email to tell me how to access the registry. I called customer service again, and the re-sent the email, and I was able to access it without any further problems. They are very aware that their system is having major problems. I would just keep calling them, even though it is frustrating. My problem was solved in a few days, so they can fix yours, too.

Some items did show up with correct item numbers but incorrect item descriptions. After a couple of weeks of that not being corrected, I deleted the items and re-added them online. The descriptions were then complete.