PDA

View Full Version : I kinda like babyandteen.com and would like more input

fox3long
08-11-2005, 02:21 PM
If anyone has anything to add about this NY website, please do! I'm still debating whether to buy from them (they do have awesome prices).

Pro's:
- Great prices.
- Free shipping to US.
- No tax.
- They do answer their phone within 1-3 rings of you calling.
- The person I talked to was very friendly, though he couldn't answer my questions and I had to wait for them to call back.
- If you are persistent, they will eventually get you an answer.
- If they have the product you want in stock, they seem very expeditious in shipping it to you (this is based on past threads I've read)

Con's:
- A 1-800 number would be nice. I wasted a lot of long distance calls trying to get my questions answered.
- They don't answer emails so you are better off calling.
- Consistency would be nice. I did get two different answers from them on whether a certain item was in stock( they left a message on my machine saying they do have a particular piece in stock and then when I called back, they said they don't have it in stock)
- They seemed to keep forgetting the particular finish I wanted for a crib.

Has anyone had similar experiences lately? I know cs has been a problem in 2003-2004, but it seems to be getting better? Any complaints about shipping issues?

fox3long
09-06-2005, 08:02 PM
My fear is coming true: my Sorelle Nina Pine crib came with dime-sized gashes in the headboard and a broken slat in the footboard and so now I am going to have to deal with customer service to get them replaced... and I have 8 weeks until baby arrives!

I am posting the below info on the nursery necessities board too to warn about Sorelle.

I don't know who is more responsible for the following problems, so I am going to vent on both Sorelle and babyandteen.com.

I asked for the Nina Pine crib in golden finish. I received the Nina Pine crib in "Oak on Pine" finish.

The middle slat on the footboard is broken in two. I would have never noticed it if I did not run my fingers down each slat.

The Nina Pine Crib came with wooden slat mattress supports instead of the metal spring.

I received a Nina Pine Crib that was made Aug 12, 2004... thus I received a year old crib. It was made in Latvia if you are curious.

There are several nicks on the headboard that feel fairly sharp. Sandpaper would fix the sharp edges, but then would ruin the finish.

The headboard also has two dime sized gashes due to a hole in the box during shipping. Sorelle does not double box their shipments (and they probably should).

I have already called Sorelle about these issues and they told me to call the dealer, Baby and Teen. I have called Baby and Teen twice today and have yet to speak to someone who can give me an answer on replacement parts.

On a good note, I did receive my crib shipment fairly quickly. I ordered on Aug 12 and received the crib on Aug 29.

I will update this thread when I do receive the replacement parts. I recommend going with the $300 Pali Katie crib or Childcraft equivalent... unless you are wanting to save $50 and deal with mediocre/poor customer service. I have not dealt with Pali or Childcraft but I have read that they have pretty good customer service.

MommyAllison
09-08-2005, 01:37 PM
I didn't order my Sorelle crib from babyandteen.com, but I wanted to chime in anyway :)

I ordered the Sorelle Rita Bella crib in white from albeebaby.com and it did come double boxed (maybe Albee baby put the second box on?) but there was damage to one piece. I contacted Sorelle first and they said I needed to go through Albee baby to get the replacement part, but that it should be no problem. I called Albee and they were SUPER nice about it - apologized and promised to make it right - shipped a replacement part out within a few days and it should be here tomorrow!

The damage did not seem to be shipping related (the boxes were in good shape), and I was pleased with the shipping time (received about 9 days after placing my order). I was also surprised to see that my crib has a manufacture date of July 2004 - and was also made in Latvia (but I expected that). However, I did get the spring platform, which I was hoping for. I was a little nervous since I am due in less than 8 weeks now, but as long as the replacement piece is undamaged, I should be okay. HTH and good luck to PP on getting your crib mess straightened out!

Allison
EDD 10-30-05 It's a girl!
http://lilypie.com/days/051030/0/25/1/-8/.png (http://lilypie.com)

fox3long
09-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Babyandteen customer service is terrible! I have called babyandteen.com 9 times since 6 Sep and sent 5 emails and I have yet to receive confirmation that anyone there has called Sorelle to replace my headboard with the broken slat. I have attached pictures of the damage for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29541.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29542.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29543.jpg

MommyAllison
09-30-2005, 12:22 PM
I just wanted to say I'm so sorry they still haven't made things right for you! What a nightmare! I had been wondering if they had replaced the damaged pieces yet - obviously not :( I did get my replacement piece in perfect condition thankfully, so our crib is ready. I think that you are due soon too, right? I hope your crib comes together very soon! Have you tried looking up babyandteen.com w/the better business bureau's website? I have researched companies there before...might be something to look into, and report them if it doesn't get resolved soon! A month is a long time to be waiting to hear from someone!

Allison
EDD 10-30-05 It's a girl!
http://lilypie.com/days/051030/0/25/1/-8/.png (http://lilypie.com)

fox3long
10-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Thank you for the info on the better business bureau (I will keep that info tucked away if I have to call babyandteen again). Babyandteen finally called me and told me Sorelle was shipping out the replacement parts in a few days. I will post another message when the parts actually arrive. That's great to hear/read your parts came intact... that gives me hope that Sorelle will send me good parts this time too. I'm due two days after you! I'm excited!

Mary

fox3long
12-01-2005, 12:22 PM
I finally received the parts. They came in perfect condition. When I called Babyandteen on 26 Sep, they finally decided to call Sorelle on 27 Sep. However, I still never received the replacement pieces. I called Sorelle in early November inquiring about the pieces. Their customer service was much better than previously. They looked into my inquiry and found that they shipped the pieces to Babyandteen instead of me. They told me I had to contact Babyandteen to get the replacement pieces. I called Babyandteen and also received much better customer service than previously. The internet manager went and looked in the warehouse, found the replacement package and shipped it out the next day. I received the replacement pieces a week later.

Bottom line: Customer service is not that great, but the crib is a good crib and if you are patient, you will eventually get the replacement parts (if you need them).