PDA

View Full Version : Rave: Old Navy Customer Service

Ksinglet
10-05-2005, 01:52 PM
So I ordered about $120 worth of stuff from ON about 3 weeks ago. I got some really really good deals. After about a week went by I had not gotten an email confirming shipment. (I got the confirming order email right away) I sent ON an email inquiring about my order and got back a generic response explaining that they were busy with the transition, my concerns were important and they would specifically address them soon. Never heard another word. By now I am getting mad.

Thus, two days ago, I called the CS number and spoke with a live person. She could not find my order but went through each item with me and honored the prices from when I first ordered and the now expired free shipping code I had. One item was now out of stock so she gave me a replacement similar item for the price of the previous item even though it was not on sale. When I got the confirming email I noticed that she had discounted the prices of my items even further.

Finally, yesterday afternoon, I got an email from ON apoligizing for my trouble and giving me a one time only use code good for 20% off any OldNavy.com purchase. Although I was unhappy about the snafu in the first place, I think that this is how customers should be treated when a merchant clearly blows it. Kudos to ON.

bluej
10-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Wow, that's really good customer service. I'm glad that they made things right with your order and then compensated you for their mistake. Many companies should take a lesson from ON.

funda62
10-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Did I need another reason to shop ON? LOL, they are great and usually very speedy shippers.

DebbieJ
10-06-2005, 09:57 PM
They're probably bending over backwards to keep customers after their website upgrade fiasco.

Glad you're on the receiving end, though!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

pregnantagain
10-11-2005, 12:38 PM
I was also impressed with their quick shipping. They sent an outfit for DS that was soiled. I thought they handled the problem quite effectively.