PDA

View Full Version : Universal Online Gift Registry

Stephanie1324
11-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Has anyone used an online universal gift registry? I've looked into felicite.com and swagbag.com. Felicite.com actually purchases the gifts whereas others link to the merchants site and gifts are purchased there.

Any suggestions or comments will be useful.

Thanks, Stephanie

silversun
11-02-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm not familiar with either of those, but I wanted to give you the name of a third... http://www.wishrepublic.com. A friend of mine set up a registry there and it seems like it's a pretty good site. Gift givers have to set up an account to mark something as purchased, though. I did that to give her a gift and I found it a little annoying, but I did it anyway.

Sorry I can't help with the others!

longtallsally
11-03-2005, 12:23 AM
I too am looking for a universal baby registry website. I thought I read about a site called whattoget.com in the BB book, but I can't find that page in the book and I haven't been able to find it on the internet either. I think it is supposed to be a site that keeps a list of what you want and provides links to various online retailers's websites for those purchases. If anyone reading this thread knows about it, please post your $0.02. It's frustrating that there isn't a more complete listing of registry options in the index of the BB book. Maybe there just isn't any information to be had!

citymama
01-05-2006, 07:25 PM
I've been using Felicite.com since it is much easier than having 10 different registries! Also,I wanted to register at some of the organic-type stores like ecobaby.com. But I also used it for places like Target and BabyCenter.com! I love that you can list at many different tores, and also that people can make "partial purchases" for big-ticket items like strollers. It has worked fine for me so far.

Two issues/concerns:
1) Purchases made thru Felicite take longer to ship than buying directly through the stores websites.
2) In some cases, merchant's websites offer free shipping for some items, but felicite. com doesn't. e.g. babycenter.com has free shipping over $75, but when you buy through Felicite.com you end up being charged shipping for the same item. My solution for this: You can modify and adapt item descriptions suggesting that folks buy directly from the vendor! I liked this ability to modify and adapt your registry.

The other version of linking to merchant's websites (like a wishlist) sounds good too.

HTH!

DaddyKev
01-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I would love to see your registry....is there any way to view it? I've really been considering Felicite and good friends said it was great for them although the shipping and surcharge fee is a bit disappointing.....Please let me know, I'd appreciate it (send me an email)
Great post!
Kevin

Stephanie1324
01-10-2006, 11:33 AM
After looking at several online registries, I decided to go with findgift.com. I didn't like Felicite because of the fact that they buy the merchandise from the websites, not the people buying the gift for you. So I thought there may be some trouble with returns and then with their fees, I just didn't like it. We did a main registry at babies-r-us because they had most everything we wanted. And then we used findgift.com for some of the stuff that is only available online. Findgift.com also allows you to put in generic things like a picture or certain clothes. We haven't done that yet, but we may.

Stephanie

DaddyKev
01-10-2006, 12:38 PM
does findgift.com allow people to contribute to an item for purchase. My wife and I are both teachers and we'd love to see people go in on car seats, stroller, other big ticket items.
thanks for the info....
kevin

Stephanie1324
01-10-2006, 01:02 PM
No, that is one thing that is not offered. People would have to know each other and decide to go in on a gift together. If that is something you really want perhaps felicite is better for you. I was just hesitant because felicite is the one that collects the money for group gifts and then if there isn't enough to cover the gift I think they cut you a check at the end, but I am not positive.

Hope this helps.

Stephanie

wldflower
02-12-2006, 12:08 PM
We used mygiftlist.com

I thought it was easy to set up and allowed me to direct people to places other than BRU.

So, far, I have not had any negative feedback from the people who have used it.

HTH.
Kim

Elaine.S
01-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi All,

Actually I work at Felicite and have used it for my own events.
The Felicite Registry gives you the choice of either listing the items as Cash Gifts, or physical gifts. For cash gifts Felicite collects the contributions from your gift givers then sends you a check. This is nice since it means I can order the gifts myself or buy from a local store. Yes, for physical gifts Felicite will order the items and have them shipped to you. This is great too, but Felicite has pre-exisiting relationships with many of the merchants so sales or shipping specials may not apply. One thing I like about Felicite is that when an item is bought by my friends I know that it is really been purchased. Other registry services let any gift giver mark an item as bought - even though it may not have been bought. Felicite also has a patented partial purchase which means that may gift givers can chip in on a gift, Felicite will keep track, when the total is reached the order is sent to the store. Felicite has been around since 1999 which increases my trust that they are not a fly-by-night dot com. Also it's a full service registry with photo album, guest book, RSVP system, eNotifications and now VIDEO!
Best wishes, :love5:

vball4all
02-10-2008, 01:55 AM
I am currently using myregistry.com
It's not perfect - but does what I want for the most part. I haven't heard any complaints yet. You can add items from any website on the net. You can also add "offline" items. I add comments to let people know where the item is sold besides where it will link to so people can shop for the best deal for them.