PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with AngelWears/Hip Hop Gift

firsttimemommy
11-18-2005, 11:03 AM
I purchased a Baptism outfit from this site recently. Their return policy said exchanges only within 3 days, and I was fine with that. I expected to keep the item even if it was not exactly what I wanted (didn't plan to mess with a return, searching for something else, etc - I could live with the style even if it were not "perfect" I also knew it would fit b/c I measured DS).

However when I received the item a button was missing (but was in the box) and there were small black marks on the vest. I emailed the company explaining that I wanted to return the item and requested a refund ONLY because I had 4 days (3 mailing days) until the Baptism so I didnt think I could get a replacement from them in time - I would have to go hunt an outfit down IRL (and probably pay twice) to be safe. I also was a little nervous asking for another one when this one came in such poor condition.

They immediately emailed me back and declined my request referring me to their return policy. I told them I respected the policy and read it when I ordered, however I also read the description of the item and it never said "button will be missing and small black marks will be on the vest"! They never replied again.

I feel like a Company's policy should not be iron clad - there are always exceptions, and I also feel like they should stand behind the quality of their products - which they did not. They also bascially "blew me off" after that first reply.

Oh well, at least I knew how to sew a button and DS walked really fast, so hopefully no one saw the black marks! LOL

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."