PDA

View Full Version : babyspecialtyshop.com HORROR

ani1974
12-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Has anyone successfully ordered from www.babyspecialtyshop.com? I ordered a glider and ottoman from them 2 months ago and have been emailing to get an update on my order and have gotten no response. Yesterday I went to the website and it looks totally different, when I typed out the link to my cart from my printout I got a website that looks just like the original babyspecialtyshop website, except now it's called www.babiesbestchoice.com. I've tried to call the phone number on both sites and don't even get voicemail. Today, I tried to go on both websites and neither links work. I have no idea what's going on but this seems like a major scam? They already charged me the price of the glider and ottoman when I place the order because it was a special order. I just don't know what to do to get in touch with these people. Any Suggestions? I guess if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'll just file a claim with my credit card company. This is awful. It seemed like a reputable store. The chair manufacturer even had them listed on their website as a retailer.

Thanks for reading my tirade! I'm just so stressed over this!

Ana

sandy123
12-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Got this off of Network Solutions website: Good luck.

WHOIS Record For
babyspecialtyshop.com

Registrant:

Jim Mendler
PO Box 291556
Port Orange, FL 32127
US
Email: [email protected]

Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: babyspecialtyshop.com

Created on..............: Thu, Jan 27, 2000
Expires on..............: Fri, Jan 27, 2006
Record last updated on..: Tue, Nov 29, 2005

Administrative Contact:

Jim Mendler
PO Box 291556
Port Orange, FL 32127
US
Phone: 1-386-3046995

Technical Contact:
Registercom
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 1-902-7492701

DNS Servers:

wsc1.jomax.net
wsc2.jomax.net

ani1974
12-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks,

I found this information. When I looked up the whois info for the babiesbestchoice website, i get Domains By Proxy which is basically a company that hides the owner information from Who Is which leads me to believe the owners are trying to hide something. Thanks for your help though! i appreciate it.

dsmbertain
12-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi Ana,

I am having the same exact problem. I placed my order on 9/20 for a set of cradle sheets. I received one e-mail response since then and have had no luck with further e-mails or phone calls. I'm going to start calling/e-mailing that new website. I am so mad! I'm also going to file a charge complaint on my credit card because they charged my card the day after the order! Normally, good practice is not to charge until you ship. Good luck and let me know if you have any contact with those people!!!

Sandi

dsmbertain
12-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi Ana,

I am having the same exact problem. I placed my order on 9/20 for a set of cradle sheets. I received one e-mail response since then and have had no luck with further e-mails or phone calls. I'm going to start calling/e-mailing that new website. I am so mad! I'm also going to file a charge complaint on my credit card because they charged my card the day after the order! Normally, good practice is not to charge until you ship. Good luck and let me know if you have any contact with those people!!!

Sandi

ani1974
12-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Tell me about it. I can't even believe this is happening. I also paid for the glider and ottoman in advance, about $520. I have to go to my bank to file a complaint b/c I bought on my Visa Check Card. It's just awful. I talked to the manufacturer of the glider, since the company was listed on the manufacturer's website as an authorized dealer and the rep from the manufacturer is trying to contact them, as well as looking up whether the store even placed the order for the glider, so we'll see. Good luck to you too.

Ana

ani1974
12-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Tell me about it. I can't even believe this is happening. I also paid for the glider and ottoman in advance, about $520. I have to go to my bank to file a complaint b/c I bought on my Visa Check Card. It's just awful. I talked to the manufacturer of the glider, since the company was listed on the manufacturer's website as an authorized dealer and the rep from the manufacturer is trying to contact them, as well as looking up whether the store even placed the order for the glider, so we'll see. Good luck to you too.

Ana

dsmbertain
12-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi Ana,

I read a couple other postings and discovered that you can file an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I did it this morning and it took about 10 minutes. They are going to contact the company for me and forward my complaint. I checked this place's BBB history and it was not very promising but it did appear that they resolved most of their complaints. I really urge you to file your own. Maybe between the two of us, we can get some action. Good luck!

Sandi

dsmbertain
12-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi Ana,

I read a couple other postings and discovered that you can file an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I did it this morning and it took about 10 minutes. They are going to contact the company for me and forward my complaint. I checked this place's BBB history and it was not very promising but it did appear that they resolved most of their complaints. I really urge you to file your own. Maybe between the two of us, we can get some action. Good luck!

Sandi

ani1974
12-05-2005, 10:08 AM
I did that. I'm in the process of filing one with the federal trade commission, which you can do online, too at

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Thanks for the update.

Ana

ani1974
12-05-2005, 10:08 AM
I did that. I'm in the process of filing one with the federal trade commission, which you can do online, too at

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Thanks for the update.

Ana

dsmbertain
12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I just did it. I haven't contacted my credit card company yet. I thought I'd give it a couple of days to see if any of these other steps worked first or maybe a miracle would happen and my bedding would show up!

dsmbertain
12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I just did it. I haven't contacted my credit card company yet. I thought I'd give it a couple of days to see if any of these other steps worked first or maybe a miracle would happen and my bedding would show up!

ani1974
12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I have to go to my bank to file it b/c i bought it with my check card. Even the manufacturer suggested I should file the complaint with my credit card company immediately b/c they couldn't even reach them at their home phone. Hopefully i can get to the bank tonight.

ani1974
12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I have to go to my bank to file it b/c i bought it with my check card. Even the manufacturer suggested I should file the complaint with my credit card company immediately b/c they couldn't even reach them at their home phone. Hopefully i can get to the bank tonight.

analane
12-12-2005, 06:31 PM
I am so glad that I found your messages. I am having the exact same problem as the two of you! (Ironically my name is also Ana!)

I ordered a valance and pillow in October and it still hasn't arrived. They sent me an e-mail about a month ago saying that I should be receiving a confirmation e-mail from UPS once it was shipped, but I never received the confirmation or my products. I e-mailed them last week to follow up, and never heard back.

I cannot believe how terrible this company is. And I'm sorry to hear that Ana's order was such a big order...mine was only for $80. I'm glad to hear that you have reported them to the BBB, and I'll do the same. I will most likely dispute the charge on my credit card as well.

What's the latest on your situations?

analane
12-12-2005, 06:31 PM
I am so glad that I found your messages. I am having the exact same problem as the two of you! (Ironically my name is also Ana!)

I ordered a valance and pillow in October and it still hasn't arrived. They sent me an e-mail about a month ago saying that I should be receiving a confirmation e-mail from UPS once it was shipped, but I never received the confirmation or my products. I e-mailed them last week to follow up, and never heard back.

I cannot believe how terrible this company is. And I'm sorry to hear that Ana's order was such a big order...mine was only for $80. I'm glad to hear that you have reported them to the BBB, and I'll do the same. I will most likely dispute the charge on my credit card as well.

What's the latest on your situations?

dsmbertain
12-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi Ana,

I've posted complaints with the BBB and FTC, but still have not heard anything. I think I'm going to have to stop waiting and contact my CC company. It just irks me that these losers are still maintaining a website that looks very legit and are probably still scamming the socks off of tons of people!!! Good luck!

Sandi

dsmbertain
12-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi Ana,

I've posted complaints with the BBB and FTC, but still have not heard anything. I think I'm going to have to stop waiting and contact my CC company. It just irks me that these losers are still maintaining a website that looks very legit and are probably still scamming the socks off of tons of people!!! Good luck!

Sandi

parisbaby
12-13-2005, 09:20 AM
I lukely got my $$ back from my credit card company. This internet site is a big rip off. Stay away!

ani1974
12-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I filed a dispute with my bank and they're investigating it. I haven't gotten my money back yet, but hopefully I will.

I filed claims with the BBB, FTC, and just yesterday with the IFC (http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp. I even called the Port Orange Police Dept to see if I could file a police report but they said that the best thing would be to dispute it with my credit card because if I filed a report i would have to go down there and find the people and take them to claims court. I might still consider going to my local police department and filing a police report, just so there's a record.

I finally heard from the manufacturer of the chair, which supposedly met with the owners last week. The manufacturer told me that he never received an order from the store for my chair. He also said that the babyspecialtyshop wasn't able to find my order while he was there but that they'd look into it some more and contact me, which they haven't done. I asked the manufacturer for any contact info he might have for them, but the info he had was the same I had. I tried to call the phone number again and nothing. He said he visited them at the 755 Taylor Road Address, so i guess they're still there. I plan to write them a letter and cc everyone I can think of. It's just rediculous that they're permitted to stay in business!

Good Luck!

Ana

dsmbertain
12-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi Ana,

I filed an official complaint with my C.C. company tonight so I'm hoping I'll get my money refunded. Have you heard anything additional about your "missing" order? Also, I'm not sure if you saw in our previous postings but it looks like the website has shut-down and re-opened as www.babiesbestchoice. Take a look at that site...it's identical to the other site. It really torks me that these people can keep opening fraudulent businesses!

Sandi

ani1974
12-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi Sandi,

Yes, I did see that. I can't even get a hold of these people to find anything out. The manufacturer said that they didn't have an order for the chair I ordered and that the store owner said he didn't have the order either but was going to look for it and call me. Right! I'm still waiting. My bank is looking into it but I don't think they would really go as far as closing them down or anything.

What I'd like to do is create another website that comes up when searching for the babyspecialtyshop or babiesbestchoice to warn people about these crooks. LOL!

Ana

analane
12-15-2005, 03:10 PM
I sent them one last e-mail telling them that I had discovered many others who hadn't received their order and that I found many complaints filed on the BBB site. I told them that I filed my own complaint as well. I also wrote how I felt about them and their "new deceitful site". I really wish that there was something that we could do to prevent them from getting any other "victims".

I just took a look at my credit card statement, and it looks like they charged me on the day that I placed my order (10/23) but then they issued a credit on 11/9. I hadn't even complained to them at that time, so I'm not sure why they credited me back then. I just hope they don't try charging me again later, but my credit card company says that I can always call them back and dispute the charge if they do.

I hope you all get your money back, and I hope you find your stuff from a better site. As an FYI, I ordered my bedding from Dreamtime Baby, and it came within 1 1/2 weeks, and the prices were great. Unfortunately, they didn't have the window valance that I wanted so I still need to find another honest website.

Thanks for your responses. Congratulations and good luck with your babies!! :-)

-Ana

Granny2B
12-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Hello - Unfortunately, I know all too well the anger you are feeling towards these people. I ordered a nursery set on October 27, 2005. My card was charged immediately (of course!). On October 28, 2005 I emailed them with a question. They did not respond to my first 2 emails, then on my third attempt (I also sent a copy of the email to my second email account, for record keeping purposes)they finally responded saying how "sorry" they were that they were having problems with their website, and they had spoken with the manufacturer and my order would be shipped by the end of the week (which was the week of November 07, 2005). They even sent a second email the next day verifying that my order would be shipped by the end of the week. Ten days went by and I hadn't heard from them. I sent another email, no response. By this time I was tired of dealing with them, and took matters into my own hands. I called Baby Universe (who is wonderful, by the way) because I noticed they also carried products from this specific manufacturer and asked if they had anyway of getting in touch with the manufacturer. All they had was an email address. I emailed DaVinci (also a wonderful company)inquiring about the status of my order. I received an email back within 10 minutes (late on a Friday evening I might add). DaVinci advised me that my order was not being shipped to me as babyspecialtyshop.com had stated, and they advised me to order from another distributor, because they were unable to get any responses to their emails or phone messages. I immediately called my credit card company. My credit card company advised me that they would credit my account the $700 babyspecialtyshop.com had charged me for 30 days. If in those 30 days babyspecialtyshop.com could not prove they had delivered the product, the credit would be permanent. Needless to say, I was not worried about being charged the $700. The 30 days expired on the 18th of this month. Not suprisingly, I never heard from babyspecialtyshop.com after the email stating my order was being shipped. I cannot imagine a more evil scam, taking advantage of young excited parents and not as young excited grandparents! I too, wish there was a way to get word out that these people are evil. I tell everyone this story.

bkfarley
02-24-2006, 02:47 PM
I posted a notice on this website in November after I had ordered a crib that never arrived. I contested it through my credit card company and got my money back. I mailed a letter to the address listed on the site and it got returned for "no such person". The whole site must be a scam. I emailed the baby bargains editors and told them about it too, so hopefully it might get mentioned in their next edition. Good luck and hopefully the BBB will investigate!

Bridget
mother to Anna