PDA

View Full Version : Terrible experience with arunningstroller.com

shel
01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
After hearing great things about arunningstroller.com, I called Marilyn and ordered a Peg Aria Twin on Friday 12/16. My credit card was charged $329 on Monday 12/19. I e-mailed a week after placing my order to see if she had my tracking #. I was then told it was out of stock, but would ship directly from Peg Perego early the next week (should have been around 12/27).

On 1/5, I hadn't heard anything else and still didn't have a stroller. I e-mailed and asked to cancel my order if the stroller had not yet been shipped. Marilyn promptly replied and said she would cancel my order and refund my CC.

I hear nothing else until Monday 1/16 when I received an e-mail from basically saying, "Here is your tracking # and thank you for your patience." I e-mailed her and asked why it was being shipped to me when she was supposed to cancel the order and refund my CC on 1/5. She blamed it on Peg Perego - she had e-mailed them and they hadn't cancelled the order. Of course, that doesn't explain why I didn't receive my refund.

I e-mailed her when it arrived and UPS came to my work and picked up the (unopened) stroller Friday, 1/20. Monday, 1/23 I e-mailed the tracking info to her and asked when I should expect my refund. She answered with one word: Today. Here it is It is now Friday 1/27, and I still don't have my $329.
This is past ridiculous. I am not sure what you have to do to get action out of this woman, but I wanted to warn potential buyers. A friend of mine on this board asked me to post this here.
Shelley

NewDCMom
01-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Shelley,

That is horrid CS in my opinion. Sorry you were treated this way. I was going to order my new twin stroller from there, but guess I will take my business elsewhere.

ast96
01-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Shelley, I am so sorry! I recommended this site and Marilyn to Shelley, and now I feel terrible. I had great experiences with he in the past and have recommended her to everyone I know, but now I will no longer do business with her and I will never recommend her again.

Toba
01-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I will agree that her e-mail customer rapport isn't the best, but I received my Mac within days of purchasing it from her. I'm so sorry that you're having difficulties, and I think you've been patient enough ... I'm thinking it might be time to get your credit card company involved.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Toba
01-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Sorry, duplicate post.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

shaygirl
01-27-2006, 02:32 PM
That sounds like terrible customer service. I really hope you get your refund quickly!

clc053103
01-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Maybe this should be posted on the stroller board too- b/c people are ALWAYS raving about her!!! I was going to purchase two items last night- that is, until I found out they were 1/2 the price at the local BRU.

I'm so sorry about your terrible experience, thank you for letting others learn from your nightmare.

shel
01-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks! Someone else suggested that, so I cross-posted it this afternoon. :) I'm glad you were able to find a great deal on your things!

>Maybe this should be posted on the stroller board too- b/c
>people are ALWAYS raving about her!!! I was going to purchase
>two items last night- that is, until I found out they were 1/2
>the price at the local BRU.
>
>I'm so sorry about your terrible experience, thank you for
>letting others learn from your nightmare.

kep
02-28-2006, 04:25 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience, Shelley. I have ordered from Marilyn in the past, and had a problem myself (although it had nothing to do with Marilyn, and was not her fault). My issue was resolved quickly, and she and I exchanged e-mails frequently for a week or so while resolving my complaint. Here's a link to my initial e-mail to her, detailing my problem.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=13&topic_id=30256&mesg_id=30256&listing_type=search

I did end up returning the Blvd, free of shipping charges, and I was sent a new Marathon, at obviously no cost to myself.

I thought it would be only fair to post, since I did have a positive experience with her. I had only heard good things about Marilyn before I ordered, (maybe 6 months to a year ago), and I have to say I am rather shocked at all of the people who have had bad experiences with her. Perhaps things have changed since I ordered from her... :(

Kelli
Mama to Luke