PDA

View Full Version : Little Tikes Poor Customer Service

safarimom
01-27-2006, 04:24 PM
I have a gripe about Liitle Tikes customer service. I purchased one of their Swirlin' Sawdust Workshops at Walmart after Christmas on clearance for $25 which is a really great price since it retails anywhere from $60-70. There were 2 others also on clearance so it wasn't an "as is" item. I opened the box to assemble it & there were missing pieces, a cell phone & 2 fake wood pieces. I called LT customer service thinking that they would just send me the replacement parts as a goodwill gesture. They asked me how much I paid for the product, which to me is irrelevant. The Rep said that if I bought it for less than half of what it retails for then I would have to pay for the missing items since it had been sold "as is." What?! She then proceeded to quote me $24+ for 3 pieces of plastic! I said that is ridiclous & she hung up on me! To me it shouldn't matter how much I paid. It is just poor CS to try & gauge somebody because they got it on sale. Like it's my fault or something that Walmart was reducing stock after Christmas. Ok, that's my rant! Over a couple pieces of plastic they have lost my business for the future.

o_mom
01-27-2006, 05:10 PM
I would call them back and this time tell them it was a gift. There is no way they should do that - if they give you grief, ask for a manager or supervisor.