PDA

View Full Version : ARunningstroller.com- great shopping experience

clc053103
03-21-2006, 10:03 AM
I know that there was a terrible issue posted with this retailer previously, and I wanted to post this because it appears that service may have turned around! I'm certainly not saying that this excuses previous problems, but it does show that the seller is making a real effort at superior service.

I ordered a Zippy here because of the great price (it was in stock) and quick shipping. I soon had "buyers remorse" because I read something poor about the stroller (as a side note, it turned out untrue). I emailed the day after I ordered, and got a response from Marilyn in a matter of minutes. She told me cancelling an order was never a problem. She provided feedback on the stroller. And lastly, she offered to accept return charges on this particular occasion so I could purchase with confidence.

My Zippy arrived in 2 days, rather than the 3 promised. It arrived via Fed Ex and while the box was a little worse for the wear, the stroller inside was absolutely perfect.

I would not hesitate (and fully intend) to purchase from this retailer again.

GlindaGoodWitch
05-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I wish I could echo the sentiments above.

I received a 2005 P3 (even though I called to make sure it was a 2006) which was (I thought) broken upon arrival because I couldn't get one side to lock into place. I called A Running Stroller to find out if I was putting it together incorrectly and was informed by Marilyn that "it isn't that hard" and that I'd have to deal with Peg Perego's cust. service and to call her back to let her know what they said.

THEY told me to either ship it to Indiana or take it to an authorized repairman who would fix it or replace it. The repairman told me "OH I'LL FIX IT" which I declined because the ENTIRE frame was out of whack and who the heck wants a "repaired" $300 stroller that's never been used?

After another call to Peg, I find out that there were a few 2005 P3's that were sent out DEFECTIVE and this is what I've most likely gotten. Of course the rep can't assure me over the phone that I'll receive a new stroller and I'm still supposed to ship it up to Indiana.

So after much wasted time and gas money driving down to this "authorized repairman", I decide to just return this thing to Marilyn and call it a day. SHE still insists I need to deal with Peg. (So much for customer satisfaction...) Had it not been for my inner New Yorker, maybe I would have agreed. I told her no - that I paid her so I was dealing with her and SHE could deal with Peg and that I either wanted my money refunded or a new stroller. She told me to ship it back to her & I'd get a refund. I told her to send out FedEx because I wasn't paying the shipping.

A few hours later, my husband gets a call from our now beloved Marilyn who has COMPLETELY changed her tune after calling Peg herself (I suspect to see if she could stick me with the shipping charges after all) and has confirmed that "my story" about the defect is in fact, true. NOW she wants to send us a new stroller and she'll even open it at her store to make sure it's intact blah blah blah. Why? Because she still wants my money. My husband tells that we'll stick with the refund. Her main point is NOT that she's sorry for the way she spoke to me, but that it was a manufacturer's defect and therefore it is not her fault it is not her fault it is not her fault.

Was she prompt in refunding my money? I have no idea because I have an excellent credit card company that took care of all of that for me after I got the return tracking number from FedEx. I do know she was supposed to fax them some document that she never did.

I dunno how many of you waded through that entirely too long post so let me just say, thank goodness it was a defect. What would have happened if FedEx had damaged it? If it's not her responsibility to stand behind what she sells why is it mine? Why should I have to run around calling and dealing in general with something that came out of the box wrong? That's just a pathetic way to run a business.

RUN AWAY FROM A RUNNING STROLLER.