PDA

View Full Version : Bumbershoot baby--anyone order from them before?

oliviasmomma
04-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I placed my order last Sunday. According to their website, my order is still being processed and hasn't shipped. I order a lot of stuff online and even smaller companies seem to get their orders out within 3 days or so. I e-mailed them yesterday and haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else ordered from them before? Do you remember if your order showed when it shipped or did it only show it was processed? (I'm not trying to be paranoid, but I really want to make sure we have our goodies for DD's first Easter. If they won't be here I need time to order from somewhere else!) Thanks!

UPDATE--I just received shipping info (4-1-06), it looks like it was shipped today. That is still a little long, IMO, it took 7 days to ship. (Am I being too picky? Feel free to say so, I've just always received online orders pretty quickly and they are usually shipped sooner than a week later, KWIM?)

brigmaman
04-02-2006, 08:34 AM
I've ordered several times from Bumbershoot. Were your orders custom? If so, a week is about 1/3 of the time I'd expect it to take to ship. Even if what you ordered was instock, I'd say that the timeline wasn't out of line with other WAHM businesses.
Bumbershoot loot is worth waiting for, anyhow!! ;)

rrosen
04-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Well, since you asked I do think you are being too picky. I think 7 days is totally reasonable for a WAHM biz. Juliet does amazing work. I am quite certain you will be thrilled with your purchase.

cvharris
04-02-2006, 10:14 AM
I think most of her stuff is made to order, right? If so, I think a week is really reasonable, especially from a WAHM biz.

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03) and Nate (12/05)

oliviasmomma
04-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I didn't realize the stuff was made to order since I didn't ask for anything special. I'm sure I will love it since I ordered on the advice form this board! (It was just suprising given the amount of online ordering I've done and it has never taken a week to ship.) I'm glad I didn't wait any longer, though, since it is for DD's Easter basket!

PS I wasn't trying to offend anyone, that's why I asked instead of just being frustrated! Thanks for the info.

calebsmama03
04-02-2006, 11:51 AM
I agree. Bumbershoot stuff is really great and worth the wait. Also, you have to remember when ordering from a WAHM biz that it's not like a big corporation. Much of the time things are custom made and even when items are instock, the mama who runs the biz has other obligations (family, perhaps an outside the home job, etc.) so I always expect things to take longer from WAHMs, but I never really mind the wait (within reason) because I enjoy supporting other at home moms :)

I think you'll be pleased when your stuff arrives and will find it was well worth it!
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

pritchettzoo
04-02-2006, 01:38 PM
If you check the policies page, she says she tries to get things shipped within 3 weeks of the order.

I always try to email the WAHM to ask if I have questions. If I don't get a response, then I come here and yell. ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

oliviasmomma
04-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Whoops--I didn't check the policy page. Yup, that would have answered it! (That's what I get for waiting to order Easter stuff so late. Live and learn.)

I'm still pretty new at this stuff, but based on everyone's responses I feel pretty badly now. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I think I'll go back to lurking.

rrosen
04-02-2006, 05:09 PM
>Whoops--I didn't check the policy page. Yup, that would have
>answered it! (That's what I get for waiting to order Easter
>stuff so late. Live and learn.)
>
>I'm still pretty new at this stuff, but based on everyone's
>responses I feel pretty badly now. I'm sorry if I offended
>anyone. I think I'll go back to lurking.

Don't go back into lurking. As they say on Sesame Street, "asking questions is a great way to learn things." Stick around, really we don't bite (much).

manda7_23
04-04-2006, 02:52 AM
I don't remember my order taking that long (and i'm in Alaska) but it wasn't custom. I don't think 7 days is too long though. Also, when i was e-mailing her it took her a few days to get back to me but she was having computer issues and apologized profusely! I was thrilled with my playsilks, just beautiful!

Amanda

aliceinwonderland
04-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I have emaled Juliet before and she has been ***extremely*** accomodating.

oliviasmomma
04-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Update--

I received the silks in plenty of time and DD loves them! This morning she took them out of her Easter basket and played with them right away. They are just beautiful, and I am so glad I ordered from this company!