PDA

View Full Version : Beware the CompanyStore/ CompanyKids!

kwc
05-17-2006, 06:12 PM
I was looking for a fold-out PBK-type of chair or sofa and ordered this:
I was looking for a sleeping couch similar to the one that Pottery Barn Kids used to sell so I ordered this one:

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=xm16x&dept%5Fid=5701

Inred in FEBRUARY. A few days after ordering, I received an email that it was backordered and but was expected in within the month. No problem. A month later, I receive a form email stating it's still backordered but "in any case, we expect it within 30 days." Well, I am bummed, but I can deal.

Well, it's mid May and we STILL have not received it and have no idea if/ when we will. After calling and emailing CS many times, I have been told that there would be a shipment April 22 and I asked for expedited shipping, and was assured that it would arrive by the end of April. Well, that came and went, and after another inquiry, was told that they would be receiving another shipment 5/ 12... which also came and went. After emailing again (twice more), I have now been told that they are expecting a shipment 5/25. Even if that actually arrives (which I am very skeptical), it will be well over 3 months from the time I ordered. AND THEY CONTINUE TO LIST IT FOR SALE ON THE WEBSITE, even at "sale" prices for this entire period with no indication of it being backordered. And the only communication initiated by them has been form emails, again with the "within 30 days." Aargh. I would not be as annoyed if this were a small company but this is a large and major mail order business.

I would have cancelled this order long ago had I not promised the sofa to my DD, who was expecting this as a present at the arrival of her baby brother, who was born in March!!!!!
After asking repeatedly if I could order another color, I was told that only lavender is in stock (although I think the chair insert is still backordered).

I can't believe I used to think that The Company Store was similar in reliability/ customer service as Lands End. NOT AT ALL.

Karen