PDA

View Full Version : STAY AWAY FROM BabyAge.com!!!!

btngirl
07-10-2006, 01:57 PM
I think I'm speaking fairly as a consumer, not just a disgruntaled customer, when I say this is not a good company to order from!

1. Website for registry info does not update frequently. As a result I got a number of duplicates. My gift givers swear it said the items had not yet been purchased. My sister in law was quite upset. I told her not to worry, I'd make returns. Little did I know....

2. The return policy is ridiculous. Customer pays shipping, they charge excessive restocking fees on nearly all items and it has to be with in 30 days, regardless if it was a regitry purchase. (Hello - who registers, receives all gifts from multiple baby showers & has time to return w/in 30 days?)

3. Customer service is nearly nonexistant. Even if you decide to return & are w/in the timeframe you need authorization to make a return. They say you can email for this but they didn't respond to my emails. I had to call repeatedly until I got a hold of their returns department (v. limited operating hours.) When I finally did get someone they basically tried to talk me out of making the return. She literally said "is it worth it you to return?" The restocking fees + shipping mean you get only a tiny portion of the value.

3. My duplicates were direct result of their error. They made no apologies or explanations. They just stated they can't take anything back over 30 days. (I was at about 40 days since first purchase.)

4. This is the worst part: I had ordered an item on my own & tried to return it. After getting a taste of their customer service I was concerned about my registry. Unfortunately I was already registered & folks had made purchases. I called and specifically asked about registries & explained how I had multiple showers a few weeks apart. They told me w/regards to registries that I could return duplicates for store credit only past the 30 days as long as I had receipts. Now they say they never said that.

Sorry so long! Of course I could go on & on but the moral of the story is

STAY AWAY FROM BABYAGE.COM!!!

Stacy

quinnsmom
07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Stacy - I am so sorry you had problems with them. I have NEVER had any luck with them either. I had a major Britax carseat ordering disaster awhile back that I posted about here.

I wholeheartedly agre e- stay away from BabyAge!! No Matter how good their prices! It may not be worth it...

matthewsmom
08-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I also agreed. I just had a bad experience with them also. I've tried emailing them about it but no one ever returns my emails.

STAY AWAY FROM BabyAge.com

denna
09-13-2006, 06:42 AM
Im sorry Stacy that really stinks. I had a good experience w/ BabyAge.com and got a great price on a Peg Perego, however I later found out (actually on this site) that my Peg Perego is not under warranty b/c of there policy and the product that I received was definitely not up to par. I cant believe that the Peg Perego logo has literally fallen off of the handlebars....

So I must second or fourth this message

STAY AWAY FROM BABYAGE.COM

Katra1
09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the warning. I browse their site often, now I know not to order.

JustMare
10-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Wow! Thanks for the heads up.

I ordered a Skip Hop from them three years ago and got it the very next day. Free shipping no tax. Was very happy.

Now I'll stay away! Thanks!
Mare

DrSally
10-26-2006, 01:06 PM
thanks for the warning, that is just terrible! I have had decent luck with babycenter and albee

Amy Lynn
11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I was just logging on to say how unhappy I was with Baby catalog and how happy I was with Baby Age. I have two friends who tried to order items from Baby Catalog for me and they both said 8 - 10 weeks for delivery. Iordered something from Baby Catalog and it has been 6 weeks and I haven't received the item yet. However, my friends ordered the same exact items from Baby Age and they arrived the next day. Everybody was thrilled with that, but I can't speak to their return policyor warranty policy.

JustMare
12-04-2006, 01:16 PM
This was my second order with Babyage in three years. I placed an order last Thursday at 2:15 pm for a Skip Hop Duo Double and a an Urban Bundle Me Infant and it was shipped out by 3:00 pm. I received it the very next day!! They're shipping is amazing! I paid the standard flat fee of $7.95.

I'm in NYC, so for anyone in NY,NJ,CT, or PA you will probably receive your order the next day if you order before 3pm. The warehouse is located in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

I highly recommend them!

Mare

westamp
12-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I just have to chime in that I've only had positive experiences w/ Baby Age. I ordered a lot of DS' baby stuff (high chair, etc.) and everything came in tip top shape. Shipping was also fast.

I recently ordered a play gate from Baby Age and had no problems.