PDA

View Full Version : HORRIBLE Experience with amazon.com

cgpaytas
08-05-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't post here too often, so probably no one will know me, but I have to vent. Amazon.com is terrible!

The only thing that works for DDs diaper rash is Burt's Bees diaper creme, but at $8.00 for a 2 oz tube it's pricey so i try to find bargains. Found one on amazon. You got 6 tubes for about $5.50. Sign me up! Placed my order, used my promo $15 gift cert and waited and waited and waited some more. Finally after about 2 months of waiting they tell me, Whoops sorry we cannot fulfill this now. Fine, I'll use order it again. Only now, the only way to order it from amazon is by placing this with a 3rd party to which I find out the promo gift cert is not valid. I explain to them, you couldn't fulfill your end of the agreement, cover the gift certifcate on my behalf. For waiting patiently and quietly for 2 months it's the least you can do. Nope sorry there is no way for them to do that. Surely someone there can figure out how to make this happen. But apparently they can't.

Never, ever ever again will I shop with them. Of course now I have $15 sitting in limbo.....

funda62
08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Sell the gift cert on ebay or give it as a gift. I have become increasingly unhappy with Amazon over the past year. I find it has become simply another portal site like "yahoo shopping" but harder to navigate and more tricky because it is hard to tell when you are dealing with a 3rd party and when you aren't. Bad business practice IMHO.

jgriffin
08-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I'll join your vent! I've been waiting on a case of Pampers wipes for months now; they keep getting back-ordered, and it seems unlikely I'll ever get them. Not a big deal, except I bought them to be in their Pampers promo (to get a gc back). As it is, even if I do get the wipes, I still won't get a gc for 6-8 weeks later, and it's not looking like they'll ever arrive at this rate. Grr....

funda62
08-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Can you tell me more about the group in your sig? If necessary you can email me at [email protected]

jermak
08-18-2006, 03:53 PM
I had a similar occurrence.. I have a hard time finding the Huggies Overnights in a size 3 in the stores locally(those that carry them get sold out very quickly. Size 4 and 5 are easy to find!). I've ordered them online at Amazon before- no prob, then I tried to purchase 3 pkgs at one,waited about 6-8 weeks and was then told they couldn't fulfill the order. I was aggravated b/c I haven't been looking at the stores, figuring they were coming to me via the net!