PDA

View Full Version : ikea.com

dr mom
08-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I just ordered a bunch of storage baskets, to hold toys and such around the house. (wish we had an Ikea locally!)

Bizarrely enough, it appeared that the shipping cost for my order fluctuated wildly, depending on which item I entered first.

When I ordered 8 LEKMAN boxes + 8 BRANAS baskets, shipping was a steep $41.71 - yikes! But still cheaper than paying for gas to drive to the closest Ikea, two states away. By the time I found my credit card, gave DS a snack, and finally got back to my computer, my order had disappeared. So I input it again, this time 8 BRANAS baskets + 8 LEKMAN boxes - same exact items, just in a different order. Now the shipping cost drops to $27.83, and it's a consistently reproducable effect. Weird, huh?

(cross posted to Around The House)

Katra1
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
We LOVE Ikea! Fortunately, I live in the Chicago burbs, and we have two. The newer one is a little smaller, but closer to me. We spent almost every weekend for 2 months there after we moved into our new house. I think we should just add their name to our mortage, LOL.