PDA

View Full Version : Children's place website

oliviasmomma
09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Not sure if this goes here or RL, but...what is it about the Children's place website that drives me batty?? I don't know why, but I always get frustrated. Maybe it is the spartan color scheme..maybe it's that you can't easily navigate back to your list of items...maybe it's that you can't search by size...I dunno but I can't stand it.

Thanks for reading...

denna
09-13-2006, 06:32 AM
ITA w/ you. I am an avid user of childrensplace.com basically because I live overseas and have no choice but to deal w/ the site. The layout annoys me as well as the fact that I cant go back to my list of items easily.

The size thing drives me nuts! I click on 6-12mos to search for pjs, and then I click on one that I like (for example) and it says that only size available is a 2T, WHAT? 'What the heck is a 2T doing in 6-12mo search?'

LoL...sorry to rant on just wanted to say that I totally agree w/ you! landsend.com really bugs me to, I dont know why exactly.

Well thanks for the vent forum :)

Denna

oliviasmomma
09-13-2006, 08:13 AM
OOOH, we must have the same taste in websites because I don't like LE either--LOL!

Edited to add--I like their clothes, though--that's what makes it so annoying!

HallsofVA
09-14-2006, 06:22 PM
I shop on the Children's place website every now and then, because you can usually find great coupon codes and cheap sale prices. However, ITA with you about their website being annoying. First there are too many clicks. I love the fact that on Hanna's site, you can choose to look at everything by availability without having to click separately on tops, bottoms, etc. Plus with TCP you often have to expand to show everything in a subcategory. Then, like someone noted, sizes aren't always where you expect them to be. For example, I like their cotton sleepers, and have purchased them in sizes up to 3T thus far. You'd think you'd find the larger sizes in the baby boys section, but no, you have to look in the newborn section. That really makes a lot of sense, doesn't it??

My biggest gripe about TCP is that I've placed several orders in the past that were gifts, and went through a lot of trouble to put outfits together. After placing my order and having it accepted by the system, I'd then get an email from TCP letting me know that some of the items actually weren't in stock and thus they were removing them from my order (rather than backordering them or giving me the opportunity to replace them with something else, or cancel the coordinating pieces.) For that reason, I've stopped using them for gifts because I'd think it odd if I got pieces of outfits, but not coordinating items.

denna
09-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Exactly! I love there stuff too, but sheesh so annoying! :)