PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience with BabyCatalog.com? Good or Bad?

ChefGirl
09-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Anyone? Good or Bad customer service experience????

writermama
09-19-2006, 09:00 PM
bought a dutalier glider from them 3 years ago and a car seat 2 years ago. both were smooth transactions. if you do a search, you'll probably find a few threads - I only recall positives, but there might be some negatives as well.

citymama
09-19-2006, 11:32 PM
I have bought from them a number of times and had a great experience. We bought our stroller, carseat, glider and smaller items from there. (We used to live near their brick and mortar store in CT and have met all the customer service reps!) We signed up for the annual membership, which saves you 10% off items - plus they price-match - so we saved a lot of $$$ (also spent a lot of $$ there!). I would rate them highly. GL!

LaurelC
09-23-2006, 03:47 PM
All of my purchases were 2+ years ago but all were smooth transactions with no complaints. I ordered a Dutailier and ottoman from them, a Britax carseat, and other smaller items.

They had the lowest price on the glider and ottoman, by far.

viggsbean
10-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Awful terrible horrible and PLEASE don't shop there. I've never been treated so poorly. My story - I ordered a stroller from them on August 29, 2006. The website promised delivery within 3 weeks. I emailed at the 3 week mark asking for a status update and never heard back (site promises email replies within 48 hours). I then proceeded to call once a week for the following 3 weeks. Each week I was told that the stroller would arrive to the store by "Thursday or Friday" and I would have it the following day. Customer service never said anything more than "sorry" every time I asked where the heck my stroller was. The worst part is that they charge your credit card the minute you place the order. So they've had my money for 7 weeks now, and I still don't have the stroller! I've reported the matter to the CT Better Business Bureau. If you go on bizrate.com, you'll see that several other people have had this same problem with product from the store in the last few months. Perhaps they're going out of business? I feel like they stole my money and I have no idea if I'll ever see the product. Customer service is rude, you don't get a tracking number or confirmation email, it's just a nightmare headache situation. STAY AWAY. They "save you money" by collecting your hard earned dollars and earning interest on them while you wait and wonder if you've been taken for a ride.

gmk731
10-14-2006, 08:02 PM
I just ordered from them yesterday morning and received my entire order today. Called before ordering to confirm they had what I wanted (Peg Perego high chair and other smaller items). I was fairly impressed.

viggsbean
10-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Glad you had a good experience - I'm STILL waiting... sigh. 2 months for a stroller is ridiculous. I wish calling ahead would help, but they've lied to me for 4 weeks in a row saying the stroller would be at my door by Friday - so I don't trust them at all. Just sharing my story - one po'd customer here!

daisy_kat
10-16-2006, 10:25 AM
If it seems to good to be true....it probably is.

I found the stroller I was looking for at a *fantastic* price, no tax, no shipping. I ordered it and two days later I received an email saying it was backordered 2-3 weeks, no big deal since I didn't need it right away. Fast forward 3 weeks, I receive another email saying the stroller had been discontinued and my order was being canceled. Grrrr.

Needless to say, I found the exact same stroller at another site for a slightly higher price and it was on my doorstep *five* days later.

I won't be shopping ath BabyCatalog.com again!

Amy Lynn
11-11-2006, 04:45 PM
I am so annoyed with Baby Catalog. I don't knwo how they are with strollers, etc. but I ordered some accessories from my bedding through them (light switch plates - not a big deal) and I am going to have to wait 8 - 10 weeks. When I ordered the item and saw that I figured that's just what they say in case it takes a while, it couldn't possibly take 8 - 10 weeks for 2 light switch plates, but here I am 6 weeks later with no light switch plates. When I called to complain I was just told "sorry, they don't keep bedding in their warehouse too late to cancel your order." Plus two of my friends tried to order stuff from my bedding through Baby Catalog and they were also told 8 - 10 weeks. They then turned to Baby Age and the items arrived the NEXT DAY! I immediately cancelled my registry at Baby Catalog and move it to Baby Age.

viggsbean
11-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Update on my stroller situation. Basically 10 weeks after I ordered my stroller (and was charged the full price on my credit card) I found out that Baby Catalog had canceled my order, without notifying me, and sold my stroller to someone else for more $$. Isn't that crazy? I notified the BBB and the manufacturer of the stroller. Luckily Zooper (the manufacturer) is decent and called Baby Catalog and pressured them to send me the stroller I originally ordered. I won't get into it (way too long of a story), but it took me 2 weeks of negotiations to get MY DAMN STROLLER!!!!! Then Baby Catalog tried to put the blame on me that I had canceled the order and kept making up dates on which I called (different date every time Zooper and I spoke with them). I downloaded my phone records to show that I never had communication with the company on those dates. Basically, Baby Catalog is very very fishy. Save yourself the nightmare and shop elsewhere!

tylersmama
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
No offense, but if it says 8-10 weeks when you order it, why on earth would you assume that it must be less and then get mad at them when it does in fact take that long?? If it says 8-10 weeks, and you go ahead and order it, then it's your own fault.

As to the pp who ordered the stroller, it does sound like you got screwed around. I guess it's too late now, but if that happens, you should file a dispute with your credit card and they will be able to reverse the charge.

I have only had good experiences with Baby Catalog, I ordered our infant carseat and an extra base from them in April, and then just a couple of weeks ago ordered an extra pack n' play to keep at my MIL's house for when we go visit over the holidays. I ordered the pnp on a Saturday or Sunday, and it was delivered by Thursday, so a really quick turnaround. I would definitely order from them again.

theloo
11-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Yikes there are some scary stories on here! I just ordered a mattress from them on November 1. It says right there on the page, ships in 1-3 days. Of course, it's out of stock and back ordered. I got a notice it would be shipped out in 2-3 weeks. It's now been 2 weeks and nothing yet, so I will be alert & start asking questions if I don't hear anything in a week or two. Like the PP with the stroller, they charged my CC the instant I placed the order. I even posted a gripe about that because I don't think they should do that until the product is shipped.

theloo
11-22-2006, 12:53 PM
I just called BC today and they shipped my mattress out on Monday. Woohoo! It would have been nice if they had sent me an e-mail when the product shipped, like they said they would, but I'm just glad I don't have to wait months :)

momoflisa
11-29-2006, 07:42 PM
I also found them rude and hard to deal with. We also ordered a glider because we thought we were saving $ but after it arrived in the wrong finish and fabric- I must have received someone Else's- it seemed too difficult to rectify the problem.

theloo
12-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Another update: they didn't ship my mattress when they said they did (nearly 2 weeks ago), but my call must have kicked them into action. I finally received it last night, 4 weeks after ordering.