PDA

View Full Version : tinyride.com thoughts?

nbs2
11-01-2006, 08:25 AM
I noticed that the most recent review of tinyride was in July (or was it June - I know it began with a J and was thus a while ago), and was hoping there might be some more recent experiences with them. They have some pretty good deals, and offer a "special $40 value" in the form of a basket for the Zippy I was looking at (even though I thought the basket is normally included...).

bsktmom2twingles
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I am having a horrible time with them right now. I placed an order at the beginning of October for a new car seat. The web site indicated it would ship by the end of October. Well it is now November, the order has not shipped, and I can not get anyone to answer the phone, return my calls, or answer my emails. I will not buy from them again.

Marriedladytara
11-15-2006, 06:51 PM
I ordered a stroller for them in the spring. It shipped with no problem - relatively quickly. However, a second item was backordered. It did not list that on the invoice, and their website said that it had shipped. When I called them - long distance - no toll free number - I waited on hold for almost an hour before someone answered and said that she "assumed" it was backordered and should be on its way. It took about 2 extra weeks to get, which wasn't a big deal. It was more the inconvenience of the long call wait!

Tondi G
11-18-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear yo uare having trouble with them! I came here to be sure the site was good before placing a car seat order with them! I think I'll go elsewhere!

~Tondi

nycmommy
12-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Good prices, but terrible service. False advertising with their ambiguous "Usually ships same day." policy. First time I called, was told that the item is being ordered through the vendor directly and therefore will take longer. Second time I called, I was told the order was never "pushed through" and therefore never sent to the vendor. Told that the items will be received in 2 parts over the next week or so. Don't know who/what to believe. Slight savings, not worth the follow-up phone calls, hassle and headache. Same (if not worse) terrible service with their sister company, tinybed.com. *** STAY AWAY ***

Xenu
12-14-2006, 12:25 PM
My father and I had a bad experience with TinyRide.com. :(

I had a Britax Preview Travel System on my registry, which my father wanted to purchase for me. The TinyRide.com website said this item was "IN STOCK! Usually ships same day." This was a lie. After my father ordered it, they emailed him to say it was backordered-- backordered is NOT "in stock," and I still have the email to prove it. After several weeks my father called them on the phone, and they said there was some kind of mix-up and they would ship it the next day. I asked my father to get a tracking number from them the following day. My father waited an extra day and called them again. They said that it hadn't gone out yet and that I would probably recieve it in a couple of weeks. At this point my father just canceled the order. We ordered the same product that same day from happymothers.com and recieved a shipping confirmation email just a few hours later.

mom2jacknkatie
12-16-2006, 09:40 AM
I was looking for a Britax Regent and they were the only store I could find that had it "in stock" which was hard to believe. So I called to confirm and sure enough they did not have them. Then they told me the next shipment was probably all spoken for--no doubt it's for those who ordered thinking they were getting one only to get a notice saying backordered (just like a pp said). If you don't have it, why say that you do???

Xenu
02-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Just to follow up: happymothers.com delivered as promised, and the Britax Preview Travel System arrived at our doorstep just a few days later. :)

roundrock
10-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Wanted to reiterate that Tiny Ride has terrible customer service - I've never had such a headache or witnessed such dishonesty from an online retailer. The shipping dates / in-stock statuses are inaccurate, and there is no "the customer is always right" policy to say the very least ... rest assured that you will pay for any mistakes that THEY make. My experience warrants its own post in this folder; I'm just holding off until they credit me for my return (1 month and still waiting...) -- on the off-chance that they monitor this forum and want to create any bigger problems for me!