PDA

View Full Version : eToys - good or bad?

August Mom
11-07-2006, 10:21 AM
What are your experiences with eToys? I've never ordered from there before, but the store has what I'm looking for and free shipping until November 23, so I'm considering it. I would love to hear about shopping there.

TIA

DrSally
11-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Haven't bought anything yet, but their prices seem high. Did you find what you want at a good price?

kcimato
11-08-2006, 06:20 PM
I found their prices to be high also. I bought something for $29 at Toys R us and they had it for $39

August Mom
11-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Well, the price seemed decent. It's not really a widely available item, though.

I only saw it one or 2 other places for the same price, but without the free shipping.

I just don't want a CS nightmare or something.

safarimom
12-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I've ordered from them before a few times without incident. I didn't have to return anything or require customer service so I can't speak for that.

If you go through ebates or fatwallet, there is usually a cash back amount of somewhere in the range of 4% so that helps with the higher inital item cost. Frequently, there is also a $5 off $40 purchase code floating around out there. Just have to do a search to find it.

clc053103
12-19-2006, 12:32 PM
I think they are owned by KB Toys-their websites are the same, sales are the same- I get identical announcements from them at the same time.

tylersmama
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
We just got a Nintendo Wii from them without any difficulty. I don't have firsthand experience, since my husband was the one who actually ordered it, but he placed the order last week, and it was delivered as promised yesterday afternoon, so no problems here!

knaidel
12-20-2006, 02:27 PM
I have a citi rewards cards and etoys is one of the stores that I get points at. So far, no problems. I like the wish list feature, it's great for my parents buying gifts for DS.

We just got a Melissa and Doug easel from there, I will open it later today.