PDA

View Full Version : Beca Bags Complaint

cimberdog
12-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I have been lusting after a Beca Bag (diaper bag) for quite some time. Earlier this year, I contacted the company and asked if they could send me some pictures of the interior of the bag. They were very helpful and fast, and took some snapshots for me then sent them right over. I decided to hold off for awhile, due to the cost which I believe is $185.

http://www.becabags.com

At the end of November, I received an e-mail from them that they were having a sale, and so I decided this was the time to order a Beca Bag! I ordered the Ruby Red on Wednesday, November 29 and paid $24.64 for 2-Day shipping. It arrived Thursday, December 7th which means they took several days for order processing.

During this time, they were upgrading their Web site. I work in IT so I get that things may have gone haywire and they had to input orders by hand. However, the decision to have the sale AND upgrade their Web servers at the same time was obviously not a good one.

When I received my bag, I took it out of the box and the first thing my husband said was, "Ew. That looks like the color of lipstick." The bag was not the color I saw on the Web site, and I looked at if from about three different monitors over time. It's pink - a rosey pinkish color and there's nothing RUBY RED about it.

Now I was already upset that shipping took so long. So I e-mailed them (Christi Beca, the owner) and explained that the color wasn't as it looked to me on the Web site and I would like to exchange it. She informed me that I needed to write a note, send the bag back and then pay a restocking fee AND shipping. Again. I wrote her back, stating that considering the delay it took I felt the restocking fee was a lot to ask and would they please waive that. I never heard back from her, which was disappointing.

Today I received a call from a gal in customer service. She was calling me because they received my bag back, and they needed another $13 to ship it out to me. Regular ground shipping, I might add. I was appalled. Oh but they decided to waive the restocking fee.

So basically, I paid $24 to get a bag in six days, then I paid another $9.50 to send it back to them, and THEN $13 to them again so they can ship out the new color via regular ground delivery. That pretty much eats up most of what I saved in their sale.

While the bag looks nice, their customer service stinks. I can't believe they wouldn't offer to ship this one 2-day for FREE! And while they did ship 2-day last time, that means it took 4-5 days to process my order! Had I known it would be that long I would not have paid for expedited shipping. They sent it so late I didn't have it in time for the occasion I wanted to use it for anyway. I do like the bag and have a need for a new diaper bag like this now, but it's doubtful I'd order from them again or recommend them. Apparently the service stops once they have your credit card number.