PDA

View Full Version : lilduckduck.com, birth announcements

Xenu
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
After running through the birth announcement sites suggested in the book, I still wasn't happy with the designs I saw. Either they were uninspired "one size fits all" templates where you upload your photo, or they were the expensive printers on heavy card stock with ribbons and things, and limited photo options. I wanted a great inspired design that would showcase our baby's photo, without breaking the bank. So I googled birth announcements and found liliduckduck.com

The site offers great templates which the designer will customize to your taste. I found a template I liked, had them change the border, font and font colors, uploaded my photo and got a proof back the same day! The woman designing my card did a great job, and we were very happy with the result! 120 full-color cards, on 5x7 heavy cardstock, with color on both sides, cost us $266.25, including tax and shipping, which is not as cheap as some of the bargain sites, but after checking all the options I realized you get what you pay for with birth announcements. Anyway, it only took a week from our initial inquiry to receiving our finished cards in the mail. We would definitely do business with them again. :)

gatorsmom
04-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow, thank you for sharing! Those designs are darling. I absolutely love them. And I think the price seems pretty reasonable for the amount you ordered. I spent alot more money when I hand-made my other birth announcements. Thanks again!

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005