PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard about myregistry.com???

pinkgirl
04-22-2007, 03:01 PM
I was thinking of using it cause it lets you add stuff from ANYWHERE on the net. That way I am not stuck to one store, but I have never heard of anyone trying it. Anyone have ANY info on it??? Thanks :)

Naranjadia
04-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Yes - I used it for my registry. It actually worked well, except for one case where two people didn't note that they got the diaper champ - so we ended up with 3 (returned 2). I thought it would require more explanation than it did - I explained it to our mothers, but when baby shower guests were given the address, they figured it out.

There were a few things about the interface from my end that I didn't like. For instance, it logs you out too frequently, I think, and on my computer it didn't remember me even though I had that checked.

It was nice that people could purchase the items from other stores, if they find them somewhere else. Also, I liked being able to put up generic items, like 12 washclothes.

I really liked having only one registry, but using many of the stores that people have recommended on this site for specialty items like car seats.

greatcanuk
06-15-2007, 07:35 AM
I think it's great.

I use it all the time, as a kind of toy wish list for DD (really for me, as I am obsessed with toys). I don't actually give out the info to other people, so it can be a very versatile tool. I even use it to note the lowest price that I've seen on an item, even if the item has since sold out. I also have 2 very good girlfriends who used it for their wedding registries.

I find that what the PP said is true though, it logs you out too frequently.

Camille

kalm33
06-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I am registered both at Babies R Us for the basics, and myregistry.com for the "unique" items that BRU doesn't carry. It is easy to add items and customize your viewing options. It has really made registering very easy and stress-free for me! I recommended it to a friend who is getting married, and she is using it as her exclusive registry!
Hope this helps!