PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs down to StorkAvenue.com

Jacksmommy2b
05-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I ordered Jack's first birthday invitations from Stork Avenue. I ordered the Zoo pals elephant which had a black cardstock backing and an opaque striped velum (sp?) overlay held together with an elephant made of ribbon. (too cute..) I paid almost $2.00 per invite including $.20 per card to have them assembled.
I never got a confirmation or e-mail proof so I called 5 days after ordering and the CS rep was nice enough and read over my invites and said they had been printed. (she also told me that it happens fairly often)
They showed up at my door the next day.
The printing was smeared on a few, the cards were assembled unevenly and worst of all the back side of the cardsock was not properly cut so there was a white stripe down the right-hand side of every card.
I called SA and told the rep what was wrong with the cards and how disappointed I was. I was told that his supervisor would make it right and call me if he needed to talk to me.
After haning up and not hearing from the supervisor after a few hours I called back and asked a rep what was going to happen with my order. There were no notes in my 'file' about the cards, so after explaining again what was wrong with them I was told again that a supervisor would look into it and get back to me.
I told the rep that I was unhappy with the product and the way that they were dealing with my complaint and I wanted to return the cards for a refund. She told me that I could return the cards and I would be refunded when they recieved the cards. I asked for a return shipping label and was told that again a supervisor would have to get back to me.
The next day I get a message from supervisor 'Wayne' saying that he got my message and the Opaque overlay was supposed to come striped - that's what I ordered (duh - it was the white stripe on the black cardstock that wasn't supposed to be there) and that he would reprint the cards tomorow.
After trying to get Wayne for the next few days I finally got a message to call another 'supervisor' because Wayne was out of the office. I finally got the new supervisor (apparently her machine has been broken and she can't get her messages) and again I was told that the opaque overlay was supposed to be striped and that's what I ordered. I told her just wanted to send the cards back and be refunded. She told me that not only would she not send me a shipping label, but I would have to send the package confirmed mail and signature required or else I can't prove they got them and would not get my money back.
I can't believe the awful CS and shoddy product!

Two weeks later I finally got refunded for the cards.

In the mean time I ordered printables from crane and got them the next day basic shipping. :)