PDA

View Full Version : Melissa and Doug -- awesome CS

Ceepa
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I know a lot of us have tons of M&D items and that they're reasonably priced but tend to chip, etc.

However, I have to rave about their CS. I e-mailed about a piece of wooden food breaking apart after some rough play from DC. Well turns out that I called the wrong company -- the item was *NOT* M&D (insert embarrassment here).

Even still, before they called me they took what they thought was their item (based on my e-mail) and had an engineer cut it apart and check the construction to get a better sense of my issue.

When the M&D CS fellow called me he laughed about the confusion and couldn't have been nicer.

And to top it off, he is replacing my faulty wooden food item (a competitor's brand) with an M&D item.

ETA: The item was a Target brand ketchup bottle. i'm still contactng the company so they know the choking potential.

-Ceepa

Momof3Labs
06-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Just wanted to bump this up and second it!!

We have a discontinued M&D toy and needed to buy a couple of replacement parts. They were out of stock of replacement parts, but took my name and address just in case they located something. A month later, at NO CHARGE, the parts showed up in our mailbox!

Awesome!!

ilovetivo
06-19-2007, 09:25 PM
I agree - twice I've called them about a product problem and both times they sent me a completely new item set. One was a wooden kazoo that wouldn't play. I just wanted a new kazoo. They sent me the entire instrument set it came in. Another time my ABC blocks case, just the wooden crate case, was splitting. They sent me an entire new set of blocks. Same thing with a puzzle I got at Marshall's/TJ Maxx - the edges were frayed on the pieces...new puzzle sent. With all of them, they didn't want the old stuff back.

eb1
06-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Yep, we've had the same stellar experience with M&D Customer Service. Once, I threw away a component by accident, and they sent me a replacement piece at no charge. Another time, we had a splintering wooden puzzle, and they sent me a replacement immediately. On top of this, the CS people have been friendly, and seem genuinely concerned with pleasing customers and making things "right."

I still don't think the quality of the toys is wonderful, but the CS goes a very, very long way to keeping me a customer.

hollybloom
06-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I'll take M&D over toys that have batteries and make too much noise anyday! I really like their toys and I am happy to hear they have such good CS! Makes me want to continue to buy from them.