PDA

View Full Version : Baby or Parenting Magazines

codex57
06-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Which magazines do you recommend? We're still pregnant, but want to subscribe now since it can take a few months before the magazines actually arrive.

Also, any good recommendations on discount websites to subscribe from? Thanks.

lindaana
07-08-2007, 05:24 PM
We really like Parents. Its set up nicely so you can find articles that relate to your baby's age and we've saved all of them and refer back now that she's in toddler stage.

WooChx
07-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Child was my favorite, but they recently discontinued it. It was very intelligent - I even purchased a 5 year subscription. Now I'm sent Parents instead. It took me 3 years to cancel my 1 year gift subscription to Parents - I can't believe I have to start all over again. The first few issues were ok, before I had DD, but I quickly realized that they speak to parents like we are idiots. The questions and answers are all clearly staged. If you really want to check out an Amazing publication go to Barnes and Noble and look for either Junior or Junior Pregnancy & Baby. It is written in England and is so far beyond the rags we are sold here. It's not inexpensive, single copy is about $10.00 - because of the expense to ship to the U.S.. I purchased a 1 year subscription for about $40 and it was worth it! I keep re-reading back issues as my DD grows. I continue to find new and relevant articles each time. The classifieds in the back are excellent as well, showing products that are incredibly cool and innovative.

nycgal18
08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I just ordered Parents Magazine. Haven't received any issues yet. I have been ordering magazines via eBay and have had great success.
I got the 3 years subscription for $4 from eBay whereas it's $12 directly from Parents. I have ordered other magazines from eBay before and had no issues: Economist, Modern Bride.

lajpd
08-10-2007, 07:29 AM
I HIGHLY recommend Mothering Magazine. It is absolutely fabulous. I look forward to reading every issue. Go to www.Mothering.com for more information.

Blessings,

LAJPD

emschwar
08-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I really like Wondertime. I get Parents also, but Wondertime is much less of the same thing in every issue than Parents is. It's got great toy recommendations (this month - the cardboard box), recipes, books, etc. It's much more creative, IMO, than Parents.

Parents serves it's purpose too - Wondertime really doesn't do the age-by-age stuff that parents does, but for interesting reading material, Wondertime tops my list.

AMRM2
08-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I like Parent magazine. I find the articles that are relative to me to be very helpful. I then pass it on to a friend who has older children to use as well.