PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice Amazon.com Baby Registry

lisaraymond0367
08-07-2007, 08:04 AM
I have been a loyal Amazon.com customer for years but have not used it for something like a registry. The other sites seem too limited. Anyone have good or bad experience with them for your registry? Thanks

emschwar
08-10-2007, 09:28 PM
I only set up a registry at amazon because of the coupon deal they had back in May. (2nd baby, and I didn't feel the need to register, but I wanted the coupon :) ) My only problem with the amazon registry, well, the amazon baby section in general, is hardly anything is actually sold by amazon! Of all the things on my registry, maybe 3 or 4 were actually sold by amazon (and therefore eligible for free shipping).

luvsviola
09-08-2007, 08:16 PM
My experience with registries is that people like to go to bricks and mortar stores to buy baby gifts. I did mine through BRU and Target online and anything that wasn't available in-store, I didn't get. Most people do not want to pay shipping when they are coming to your shower, and if they buy it at BRU or Target, then it won't be reflected in your Amazon.com registry until you get the gift and then get the time to change it yourself.

My 2 cents.