PDA

View Full Version : Mother Hubbard crib

dominodong
09-09-2001, 05:47 PM
Has anyone purchased a crib from Mother Hubbard's, a Canadian manufacturer? We saw a nice one, called "Diane," for $359 at Buy Buy Baby, but I am not familiar with the brand.

bina
02-11-2003, 02:31 PM
I have ordered this crib from Buy Buy Baby, and would like to know what you thought of it.

dominodong
02-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Hi. We have had the Mother Hubbard crib for 13 months now, and it has been fine but not perfect. It certainly looks very nice, and we have received many compliments on it. We had some trouble with the side rail, which was hard to move up & down, but it turned out that the problem was the mattress, not the crib. The mattress we bought, a Colgate III, was a little too snug for the crib. Once we switched to another mattress, the Colgate I, we had no problem at all. (I later figured out that the mattresses BuyBuyBaby and other stores use in the cribs on display are very soft and give you a false impression of how easy it is to raise & lower the side rail). Sometimes the drawer sticks a little, too, but we really don't use it very often.

We also bought a matching Mother Hubbard combo unit dresser, and that has been very nice. I would highly recommend the dresser. I particularly like that the drawers don't pull all the way out, since my 1 year old son likes to open the drawers & hang on them.

Congratulations & Good luck!

bina
02-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Thanks very much for your honest reply! I was going to purchase the Colgate III from Great Beginnings, but now will think about getting the Colgate I or something else instead.

dominodong
02-11-2003, 05:41 PM
I suggest buying the mattress at the same store where you bought the crib, so if there is a compatability problem they will probably help you resolve it. I have had an excellent experience with the customer service department at BBBaby in terms of things like that.

jquandt
02-25-2003, 01:20 AM
Hi there...we just ordered the Diane Crib as well...you might not even have it yet, but if you do, I'd appreciate any tips on how it's working out for you, i.e. even in terms of assembly. Have you purchased a mattress that fits well enough? Also live in Rockville, so any info/suggestions on best buys/fits would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot!