PDA

View Full Version : Heard of Concord Furniture in Ontario for cribs?

ndewell
01-07-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi! I saw an attractive, natural colored crib made by Concord Furniture in Corcord, Ontario but have had trouble finding out any information on it. Of course the seller says the company has an excellent reputation. Anyone know anything about the company and its cribs?
Thanks,
First time mom at 33 in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado
Nicole

KathyO
01-07-2002, 10:43 PM
The place is actually located in Concord, not Corcord... but I'm afraid I don't know a single thing more than that. Hope this detail helps in the hunt for more!

KathyO
Ontario girl

Giam2
01-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Hi. I have just purchased the Concord Francis model crib for my son. It's beautiful, sturdy and the features are great. My husband and I felt it compared in quality to top rated brands in the BB Book. They use only hard wood. The store also assured me of their excellent reputation etc... I am now searching the Web for any information on this manufacturer too. The store has told us they don't do any advertising, that's why we never heard of them. In my search I've come across EG Furniture company in Ontario Canada.They make cribs- but I did not see my model on their site. I 've e-mailed them this morning about my crib purchase and will pass on any information I receive.
A first time mom in Rochester NY.

hipmaman
01-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Hi,

We have EG furniture for the nursery which my 2 yr old dd started out with and now my 8 months old ds is using. They also have great collections of toy chests, tables, desks, chairs, benches, step stools, cradles, etc. in many types of wood (maple, birch, oak, etc.) and many finishes.

Another great Canadian company to consider is AP Industries (www.apindustries.com). They only use solid wood. In our research for my dd's bedroom set, we found them to be of top quality. This company only use solid wood (whereas Morigeau/Lepine is now using boards for panelling) and has few cribs in their collections, but has beautiful regular furniture such as beds, dressers, night tables, etc.

Hope this also help.

crtiger
09-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Did you get the crib...I am looking at a cherry crib on ebay and have had the same trouble finding information on Concord Furniture in Concord, Ontario. The seller is making the same claims as yours.
Thanks,
1st time mom too
Caroline

Second time parents
09-08-2003, 07:24 PM
One word of advice. NO!! They are made in some God forsaken place in war torn Europe and shipped over in pieces. When they arrive in Canada, this tacky little company (the owner comes from the country where they are made) puts in a couple of screws and calls it Canadian made.