PDA

View Full Version : Maura, I am starting a new post for you re. Where to shop in Ontario

hipmaman
03-17-2002, 12:41 AM
Where exactly in Ontario would you be going? Toronto, Ottawa?

We need to be a bit more specific and you need to know what kind of things you would want to look for. Brand names would help, as not all stores carry the same kind of stuff (some are high-end, some are mid-range, etc.)

Tam

schums
03-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Maura,

I'll post this here and on the other Canadian furniture thread.

I grew up in SE Michigan and my parents are still there. We bought ALL our nursery furniture (Morigeau) including our glider (EG) from Canada and saved literally over $1000 based on what we would have had to pay here in Indiana. We purchased all of the furniture from a furniture store in Windsor called Coulters. They have a website (www.coulters.com) but you can't order off it. They can only deliver in Ontario and SE Michigan (for a fee), but my parents are close enough that they were able to run over and pick it up for us. (If someone else is picking it up for you, the invoice, etc. MUST be in their name, or they can't get it through customs.)

I literally cannot speak highly enough of this furniture store (no I'm not being paid for this). We got our custom ordered Morigeau furntiture in less than 4 weeks (we were qoted 10 initially) and the custom ordered glider in 2-3 weeks. They bend over backwards to help you, and there is no pressure to buy. I have called them several times for quotes on different items, they always call me back within about 10 minutes, and their prices are ALWAYS better than buying anyplace else I've found, even online. (For example, for the same Dutailier glider, Coulters was $150 US less than goodnightben.com, and we didn't have to pay shipping.) They even have a "lowest price guarantee" within 50 miles or something. If you decide to work with them, the salesperson we used was Christina Kouvelas.

Sorry this is so long, but as you can probably tell, we are very positive about this store.

Let me know if you have any questions, etc.

Sarah