PDA

View Full Version : Ingelsina Zippy in Vancouver, BC area?

mykoleary
10-22-2002, 04:48 PM
My in-laws will be visitng Vancouver this coming weekend (my wife and I live in Seattle) and we're thinking of having them pick up the Zippy for us there. The only problem is that I've been unable to find any retailers in the area that sell Ingelsina products. Are they available, and what would a Zippy cost in BC/Vancouver (please note in reply if you're posting US or Canadian dollars... :)? I want to see if this is even worth the effort.

Thanks!!

Myk.

new_mommy25
06-06-2003, 02:07 AM
I live in Seattle as well (Northgate). While I don't know anything about ZIppy prices, I would like to say that I think that's a great idea. Let me know if it works out.

August Mom
06-06-2003, 07:30 AM
You may want to cross-post this question in the stroller forum.

According to the retailers listed on the Inglesina website, the following British Columbia retailers carry Inglesina products:

BREED BC, DBA HIP BABY
2110, 4th AVENUE - VANCOUVER (BRITISH COLUMBIA), V6K-1N6 - CANADA
Phone 888-HIP-BABY (888 447 2229)

BABY'S WORLD (BC)
1300 WOOLRIDGE ST. # 6 - COQUITLAM (BRITISH COLUMBIA), V3K-6Y6 - CANADA
Phone 604 515 0888
Fax 604 515 7100

Here's a link to the Inglesina site: http://www.inglesina.com/eng/rivenditori/index.php3?countryid=39

I have no idea whether these stores carry the Zippy, though.

new_mommy25
06-07-2003, 01:16 AM
Just a quick note: I found the Inglesina website to be outdated. When I did a search from retailers in Washington, there were about four stores listed. However when I called only one actually carried it. (Alas they were out of stock). But one store I called said they didn't even carry strollers!

mykoleary
06-07-2003, 01:36 AM
Ditto that.

I ended up buying it online (I forget where...) There's a thread in the stroller section from about a week or so ago about a woman selling them who is super friendly. We ended up going somewhere else, but I remember calling her and she was incredible, she just didn't have the color we were looking for in stock, and we wanted to get it at that time.

Not in BC, but worth buying from, as she matches the lowest prices out there (in fact, I think she sold a good half dozen from that thread alone... :)

Mammaluna
07-14-2003, 12:38 AM
I seriously doubt there will be any savings for you to purchase in Canada, in fact it will probably end up costing you more. I believe there are two taxes one must pay on any purchase which is approx. 15%, in addition your in-laws may have to pay duty/customs fees when entering back into the U.S.
There are many online websites which carry this stroller which offer free shipping & no sales tax. Check the message board for recs on websites.
Good Luck!

febmom
10-22-2003, 07:59 PM
It's A Baby's World in Coquitlam has the Zippy in stock. You might want to call them for color and price beforehand.