PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Kiwi E3 stroller in Canada?

winnie
10-12-2003, 06:12 PM
I was wonder if anyone here in Canada has purchased the Kiwi E3 stroller and where did you purchase it from.

Did you have to pay duty on top of the GST?

How do you like the stroller?

hipmaman
10-20-2003, 03:28 PM
You can try Baby's World in Coquitlam, BC. It is the only store in Canada that carries the Kiwi joggers. If you buy from Rodney (www.kiwi-kids.com), you will probably pay taxes and duty but not shipping as he doesn't charge shipping for over $50USD.

I only have the older model, Kiwi Explorer.

winnie
10-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I didn't know there were any Canadian retailers for the Kiwi. I will have to check out Baby's World to see who would be cheaper to order from.

I know that there is a 8% Duty charge and 7% GST on the Canadian value of the product depending on the exchange rate. Plus any broker fees to clear the item through Customs. I just hate dealing with these extra costs and would prefer to buy from Canadian retailer if possible.

Are you happy with your Kiwi Explorer?

pamela mom of 3
10-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Yes, their are extra charges, Rodney now uses fedex before they were coming through Canada post{which you also paid duty/tax etc but it was less} FedEX charges more *sigh*..i'd try that store Tam gave you would save money IMHO.

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3